• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] 9X, 10X, 11X, 12X, CE, Pro. Which Teebird is the Best?

It's difficult to have long term consistancy when you don't have the pull in the plastics industry to get consistant raw materials. It's not limited to Innova, either. You'll find a lot of Cyclone lovers who swear by Touney Pro or Buzzz throwers who will pay a lot more for 1st Run Buzzzes.

I've heard from Teebird guys that the current Champ and Star versions are pretty good.

uneducated post

Whatever, what's uneducated about my annoyance that different runs of the same product can't be the same? Or that some discs can be different even though they are marked the same? I understand that it's probably extremely difficult to get exactly the same material mixes, or precisely the same mold set-up, but that doesn't mean that I can't be annoyed by it. High QC like ISO 9000 is something that the disc golf industry hasn't achieved partly out of logistics and partly out of choice. From reading some of the posts by Dave Dunipace on the PDGA boards it's obvious that they tinker with things a lot, which I think is great, but at the same time it leads to inconsistency.

I also think that some of the differences are falsely perceived and folk lore.

I had DX Teebird at the beginning of the season that I lost but it was old. Old enough that I bet it was probably before 12x but no idea what exactly. Probably 6 years old if that helps, but the Teebird I have now, just for a couple of months has become my favorite driver ever and it is in champ plastic.

I have been finding I like champ plastic the best, even though lately they have been comming with what looks like fading in a gear shape, they have just worked out well for me.

I don't throw Teebirds anymore, but when I did I really liked the KC Pro the best, but also liked the regular champion plastic a lot too. I did not like Star at all.

I also think it is absolutely silly to have to have this discussion in different runs due to the incapability of Innova to achieve consistency. But to add my two cents, my favorite Teebirds haven't even been mentioned. Late 90s-Early 2000s, SE (Special Edition) TBs and TLs. I carry at least one of each every time I play. I have for years. They are fairly hard to find, but usually don't cost more than $40. I have never bought one for that price because you can usually find a used one for trade or on Ebay. Anyway, that's my favorite Teebird.

It may be ridiculous but it is what it is and different runs just flat out do different things.

Whatever, what's uneducated about my annoyance that different runs of the same product can't be the same? Or that some discs can be different even though they are marked the same? I understand that it's probably extremely difficult to get exactly the same material mixes, or precisely the same mold set-up, but that doesn't mean that I can't be annoyed by it. High QC like ISO 9000 is something that the disc golf industry hasn't achieved partly out of logistics and partly out of choice. From reading some of the posts by Dave Dunipace on the PDGA boards it's obvious that they tinker with things a lot, which I think is great, but at the same time it leads to inconsistency.

I also think that some of the differences are falsely perceived and folk lore.

it just gets old hearing people whine about Innova's inconsistency all the time. deal with it or dont throw it. your new post contained logic thus making it an educated post

Latest posts