• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

A Fishing Bag that works for Disc Golf, needs another drink holder

Casey 1988

Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!
have this bag https://www.amazon.com/Vertex-The-An...WSRPBNE709JC9Q or the Canadian site has more of these https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00...D4J5IVMR&psc=1. Yes it is a fishing bag but it has a built in seat and is only about $64 I also bought THIS soft Cup holder https://www.amazon.com/Childress-Stu...S0MJYE39CXKFPY for $10 to have a second cup holder as it only has a waterproof stuff sack on the side that I use as a cup holder. I had to use safety pins about 1 inch from end of zipping being crimped close permanently to keep discs from Falling out in lower big storage. I also did the same to hold up the second part storage, they did not use enough thread to hold up the fabric that makes the second top storage, and stopped the part from being able to be unzipped as well. The bag will work, and the side holder for beverages is actually a waterproof holder stuff bag/sack that is slightly insulated It can hold a 22-25 oz bottle cool. The seat is really good but not perfect. I did remove a odd piece of small Fabric covered plastic that was attached to the bag to protect pert of the fishing rod by completely getting rid of the whole part including the strap holder so all that is left is a sewn on square of the strap material. So it is a $ $74 bag in total, not bad for something I did modify. Oh the bag has a piece of thin plastic in the very front lower small pocket.
Also took off the Front Knife holder as is is just buttoned on and I did not have a use for it on the bag. https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forum...&postcount=714
71lCMNbNCYL._SL1500_.jpg
71W0ktShWSL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Also the bag above needs a piece of Corrugated plastic cut to size on the one side with the Waterproof stuff sack on it at a minimum and another piece of corrugated plastic cut to size on the other side is defiantly needed if you have less then 18 discs in the bag. I say this bag is a good price considering it has a seat on it for $74 if you include the Soft style cup holder. Seat is comfortable sit in it with curved part to your back. Sorry for the ramble on top but the post is from an old one that I was excited about the new bag, with good price.

Last edited:
Last post before others comment, you could add some wheels to it with either training wheels mounted higher up or make something with metal brackets to attach wheels and threaded wheel axle, and some piece in the front to make bag even in height and some handle to it of some kind that folds off to the side using wingnuts.

I just Got two pieces, so another piece of plastic sized to fit in the bag I mention yesterday and it seems to hold up the bag better. Will test it more when playing soon I hope. So yes it really does need two, you can get away with one on the water resistant pouch side, but really needs two to work better at holding up discs.

Hey if anybody tried this to use this bag comment on this page. Yes it is a good bag and is very convenient with the seat on it. However you can't use the top small pocket as a putter pocket as it takes about 30 seconds to get said disc out, I tried with an old Hard D Magnet putter that went in the recycling Big chunk out of the disc so it flew odd, after I got the Jawbreaker Magnets yet Still have the older Hard and Stiff D Magnet that I use for wind or is too hot for the Jawbreaker Magnets.

And I think a Clinch 600 Bottle cage with universal mount would work better on this backpack then what I bought but I wanted a soft style Water bottle holder in case I bump into the bottle holder on that side when taking off the bag.

with all the cheap bags out there now designed fr disc golf, why bother with modifying a tackle bag?

This had a seat on it, something that only a Gorilla brand model had and a less good looking Knockoff design from Baglane. The lower priced Knock off one was $150 and Gorilla brand model was a bit over $200. This bag was $74 total for all I bought for it. Yes that Vertex fishing bag needed safety pins crimped closed, safety pins that were around but now I have bag you can sit on, so not more carrying a seat in the side. Yes the bag itself is a bit heavier then a normal bag for its size however I do not have to mess with a separate seat when I play ever. Did a bit more with a few Sharpies to make my bag mine that you do not need to do at all. However if you like more then one bottle holder you can add one for those soft stroller types of Bottle Holders or a Clinch Gear 600 bottle holder with universal attachment straps.

Not mad at you Keller just explaining why.

Last edited:
Oh to clarify I used the dry bag used as one of the bottle holders with a pin on it some place as the two pieces of fabric, the dry inner part and the outer fabric are not attached together all the way just sewn togther at the top.

So this Fishing bag conversion works using about 7 pins in all and using the bigger type pins when necessary. A second bottle holder as the dry bag holds a 33 oz Chippewa bottle and the other Stroller one with a safety pin on it crimped closed as well to keep the Velcro strap from opening up holds a 25 oz skinny type water bottle. A good bag that, has a seat on it that is not $150 USA for a Baglane knockoff of a just over $200 USA Gorilla Boy backpack. The one I got was $74 USA total, and the Gorilla Boy backpack design seems like too much bag for me to use anyhow that I would carry more then I would need on an average day and more disc space then I would need. Plus the price is Half of the Baglane Knockoff and almost 3 times the price of a Gorilla Boy backpack.

Last edited:
Thanks, I had a bad part of a post not realizing it until a few weeks later and a bad internet last night so I could not see the post of yesterday. :mad: It should be the Gorilla Boy bag is almost 3 times the price of the Vertex fishing bag even if you incuse the soft Stroller bottle holder for $10 USA.

Last edited:
Not sure, I should have, just seeing if I can help more people who want a Disc golf Bag with Seat on it but can't afford or do not want to spend as much on a Gorilla boy over $200 or its Baglane knockoff $150-$160. Those are bags that are just too expensive for some of the disc golfers or they just don't want to spend that much on a Disc golf Bag but want a seat. Yes I know those are true disc golf bags as Mine is not but Hay for about $75, the Bag being $65 and then $10 For the Second Disc bottle holder you have a bag that you can actually sit on. If I were to open a disc golf store I would sell that bag modified with safety pins crimped closed to use for disc golf with the other Cup holder but it would be a Bell Clinch 600 on the one side as that would work better, for $85.99 so I make About $10 on the bag. I would sell other bags if I owned a disc golf/disc sports store but this would be the unique bag I sell to customers. I also would sell the bag as is for Fisherman as well if they wanted the bag, but with the extra bottle holder. Fishing is big where I live next to the Missouri River in Pierre, South Dakota (pronounced Pier).

Latest posts