• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Smack Disc Golf Bags

Superbford

Birdie Member
If you like bright colors or crazy patterns on your bag this might be the bag company for you!

Smack Disc Golf Bags

Here is a Doth Savek unboxing. Not a full review. There isn't much on these bags online and no real reviews that I have found. They do seem to be making changes as needed with feedback after each run of bags. This latest, the Joker has a water proof bottom fabric, bigger side pockets, and more padding in the straps and sides.

Did I take a chance and buy one? Yes. They seem to have a decent following already and most runs sell out pretty quick, so if I don't love it, I won't lose too much selling or trading it.

Doth Savek Unboxing Video

Oh, and which color did you get?

I went with the latest version, the Joker, since there were some improvements...

The Saved By the Bell was just a bit too busy with pattern... though if I had purchased that one I might have yelled out Kelly Kapowski every time I threw a disc!

If the Mrs. Pac Man had been available, I would have gone with that one maybe....

Joker. Well, to be honest if they're going to use comic book characters to name it the I think Hulk would have been more appropriate.

Give us a mini review and let us know what you think about it.

I went with the latest version, the Joker, since there were some improvements...

The Saved By the Bell was just a bit too busy with pattern... though if I had purchased that one I might have yelled out Kelly Kapowski every time I threw a disc!

If the Mrs. Pac Man had been available, I would have gone with that one maybe....

Funny, this is what popped into my head.

Now, this is a story all about how
My life got flipped-turned upside down
And I'd like to take a minute
Just sit right there
I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel-Air
In West Philadelphia born and raised

On the playground was where I spent most of my days
Chillin' out, maxin', relaxin', all cool
And all shootin' some b-ball outside of the school
When a couple of guys who were up to no good
Started making trouble in my neighborhood
I got in one little fight and my mom got scared
She said, "You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air"

At $140, these seem like a bargain.

They certainly jump out at you. I always thought bags should be more colorful ...but I'm not sure I'm ready to be quite this conspicuous. :p

What improvements does the Joker have that aren't incorporated in there color combos?

I didn't see anything on their site indicating such, but it'd be nice to know.

Out of stock but there was a sweet purple and yellow one that would make any Vikings fan proud.

At $140, these seem like a bargain.

They certainly jump out at you. I always thought bags should be more colorful ...but I'm not sure I'm ready to be quite this conspicuous. :p

What improvements does the Joker have that aren't incorporated in there color combos?

I didn't see anything on their site indicating such, but it'd be nice to know.

I'm qouting from something on FB.

"New Joker version released today. The bag has improved padding in the straps and a stiffer back piece for extra rigidity. Also the side sleeve pocket was extended an inch to help keep things in place. The purple materials is waterproof and almost a reflective look to it."

Evidently they keep making small changes as they bring in new runs. They have done multiple runs of some of the colors. I'm guessing these things will be added to all the new bags coming out and future ones will have more updates.

Will they find water proof fabric in every color for future bags? Hopefully. It is a nice feature for sure.

Joker. Well, to be honest if they're going to use comic book characters to name it the I think Hulk would have been more appropriate.

Give us a mini review and let us know what you think about it.

Thier instagram shows they use a poll to help decide names.... it came down to Joker and Hulk for this one, but the customers felt that the green was too bright for Hulk and more a Joker color.

My guess is as long as they don't use trademarked images the names will be ok.

Thier instagram shows they use a poll to help decide names.... it came down to Joker and Hulk for this one, but the customers felt that the green was too bright for Hulk and more a Joker color.

Could have easily went Transformers Constructicons as well. :D
Definitely feeling the Grip vibe in funky colors.

Curious; this looks like a Grip "knock off" but there is not a bunch of IP and legal recourse talk going on here. Shouldn't the owners of grip be getting involved??…

Obviously poking fun. I got my grip bags and really like them; and yeah, these look like Saved by the Bell versions of a grip. Not for me, but fun and loud.

They are releasing their Fresh Prince 2.0 bag later today.

My bag was shipped last week, but sat in California for several days with USPS. It has finally reached Texas after ten days. Should be delivered Saturday or Monday.

Wow, flashy designs!

A thought of caution and grumpy old guy story time:

I had a neon yellow/green disc bag a few years back, and those bright colors do not age well. Any dirt or grime shows very clearly in contrast to the neon. They also fade a lot from sunlight exposure... and this was top-grade Cordura, not cheap stuff.

Wow, flashy designs!

A thought of caution and grumpy old guy story time:

I had a neon yellow/green disc bag a few years back, and those bright colors do not age well. Any dirt or grime shows very clearly in contrast to the neon. They also fade a lot from sunlight exposure... and this was top-grade Cordura, not cheap stuff.

It does seem these colors will fade quickly. I would like to see what these look like after 2yrs of normal use.

The price seems fair enough for what you should expect out of these bags.

They def found a niche in the dg bag market. Keep the prices low, use flashy colors, and make limited runs.

My Joker bag arrived. It does look nice. The vinyl is nice. Strong and tough feeling stuff overall. Zippers and pulls seem good. The padding around the bag is comfy.

I've only played one round with it so far. The opening is easy to get into. Depending on type of discs you carry you can get 17 to 20 in there. Two putters fit easily in the putter pocket...... you can get three in there if you really want. There is another pocket just below that which could also be used as a disc pocket, but I'm using that area to keep my phone, wallet and keys.

Side pockets have plenty of room. Kept a light pullover in one and my rangefinder. The other was basically empty. Had my stick retriever in one of the open side pockets using the side straps.

Now I've never owned an expensive, larger bag to compare this to. I have a Grip G-series. The G is of course very small, but super nice quality. It has better zippers and material inside the pocket. Better quality strap overall. That is a 90 small bag though. You can get one of these for 30-40 bucks more.

My main gripe is the putter pocket would be better if it was at least another inch deeper. They are sticking up over halfway out it seems.

I wish there were a couple of inside zippered pockets.

The chest strap connector is probably the cheapest feeling part of the bag. It isn't something I use much at all. It was a decent walk back to my car from the 18th basket, so I decided to clip it together. It snapped in no problem, but then didn't want to unlatch. Had to take the bag over my head to get it off, ha. When I got home it was easily fixed with some pliers. I snapped it together about twenty times after that with zero issues.

I can't say anything about durability at this point, but the materials seem like they are made to last. I'll watch the seems and zippers closely.

I read the post above about colors fading... hmm... I might look at using some Scotchgard vinyl protector.... the stuff to use on car seats and shoes... it adds some water protection and maybe would help with color fading...

Overall I think this bag is a good deal for the money. It isn't for carrying thirty discs. You can maybe get up to that number if you are putting three in each zippered side pocket...?

I had twenty discs with me and it was plenty for that.

Latest posts