• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

A good southern tourney - Feb/March?

Unless things have changed, there is no camping at The Canyon. The dog would probably be allowed on the property, with the regular tournament considerations.

The property is a cattle pasture 11 months a year, and leased to Mike Barnett & Co. to run tournaments for a couple of weeks. There are no houses, so no one lives there.

FYI, it's in an old limestone quarry and involves huge elevation changes. I know you think, Florida? Elevation? You'll be astonished.

....on the flipside, I will say that if you choose the IDGC, every event I've been to there has been first-class. Of course, you'd expect that with the resources---the courses, the facilities, and the staff. But they really do run great events.

Unless things have changed, there is no camping at The Canyon. The dog would probably be allowed on the property, with the regular tournament considerations.

The site lists
Silver Lake Recreation Complex
10080 Croom Rital Rd.
Brooksville FL 34602
(352) 797-4140
$24 Per Night (Drop Box) - Electricity/Water/Hot Showers

As a campground - do a lot of people camp there? Do most get a hotel room?

I get a hotel room, so I don't know.

I assumed you were talking about camping on the property. The first year The Canyon reopened (as a temp course), they announced camping on-site. But then had to rescind that for liability reasons; speculation that post-round beer, darkness, and 60' cliffs might be a bad combination.

Latest posts