• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

A Question of Ethics

Well, the wife just said no to the investment. Don't really feel like arguing the point over with her either (she's stubborn just like me). Got the OK to pick up half his stock but seeing as we're going on a cruise next week she wants the extra $ for that.

Well, the wife just said no to the investment. Don't really feel like arguing the point over with her either (she's stubborn just like me). Got the OK to pick up half his stock but seeing as we're going on a cruise next week she wants the extra $ for that.

Will be interested to see some of them up for trade/sale on this site.

Will be interested to see some of them up for trade/sale on this site.

I'll post some pictures when I buy them. Won't be until the 1st week of September (will be in the Carribean on a boat next week) and it will probably take me an hour to pick and choose half the discs. That's the main reason I wanted to buy the whole thing, so I wouldn't have to pick and choose. Oh well, the wife said no and she supplies the night time fun.

Night time fun > Disc golf

If you are only getting half than make sure you buy ones that don't have a number on them. First you eliminate the ethical concerns, and if you are going to dye and sell I think people would rather not have someones number on the bottom.

If you are only getting half than make sure you buy ones that don't have a number on them. First you eliminate the ethical concerns, and if you are going to dye and sell I think people would rather not have someones number on the bottom.

Unless they're mine :D

Which brings up an idea: For triple karma points, find (and contact) the owners of discs with disconnected numbers on the bottom.

I would do the right thing until it became a burden. If I called 10 numbers and 8 told me to keep it and I had 60 numbers to call I would probably just give up after so many "keep ems"

It really isn't your "job" to do this but it is very nice that you consider it.

Winner! I'll probably end up getting a friend to go in for half with me and we'll just split them up evenly (I pick one, he picks one). Will just make sure to have enough beer to last for 125 picks. Will take pictures of the garage floor when we start going through them.

Unless they're mine :D

Which brings up an idea: For triple karma points, find (and contact) the owners of discs with disconnected numbers on the bottom.

All these discs came from Greenbelt in Carrollton, TX from about 3-5 years ago. If you lost one then, PM me with what number should be on back and I'll keep an eye out for it ;)

It would be a nice thing to do but I'm under the thought that if they weren't willing to dive in for it then it's not your fault. If someone tells you in person that one is theirs then i'd definitely give it up, other than that enjoy em

You're not going to take the whole stock of them now?
If that's the case then only take the ones without numbers. You'll probably be selling/trading/dyeing them anyways so it doesn't seem like it'd matter all that much what you take. Also, it'll save you the moral conflict and lots of time.

Glad you brought this up . . .

A few weeks ago a DG Club outside the Noblesville, IN area got permission from the parks dept to drag the water hazzard at James Dillon Park for golf discs. A buddy who was there at the time said they planned to sell them to raise money for their club. They did not say whether they planned to call the numbers on the discs, but one of the guys wouldn't even let my buddy check the bag for a disc I had lost the week before.
I wouldn't mind if a non-DG'er was doing this, but to have other players involved seems wrong. I have not been playing long, but the culture I've witnessed and read about makes me feel like this other club is stealing.

Number of things you could do...

First off tell your friend he's a dick for not calling people when he finds their disc.

If you are planning on using them to work on your dying, sell them and take half the money and put toward your disc golf club or something so at least some of the others people disc got put to good use.

You could only call the special edition, tournament stamped, ace / unique disc. No one's going to miss a dx Valkyrie.

Best of luck.

First off tell your friend he's a dick for not calling people when he finds their disc.

He works in HR and I don't know him all too well so probably not there.

Over dinner I talked the wife into letting me buy all of them. I just had to promise her we would use some of the money to work on our front yard (she's been bugging me about it for a while). Going to talk to the guy tomorrow and let him know I'll be buying all of them. Hopefully can pick them up Wednesday/Thursday and will take pictures when I do.

Will be calling probably everything but the DX. If someone called to let me know they found an old DX disc I'd tell them to keep it. I don't even mark my DX though, it's mostly beat up for thumbers and risk/reward shots.

If you live in DFW and have lost a disc at Greenbelt 3-5 years ago, feel free to PM me with the phone number that should be on the disc.

I've celebrated Christmas 3 times in August now! 1st was the Discraft Misprints Deal (thanks Billnchristy), 2nd is this and 3rd is the misprints deal that is being shipped this week!

A few weeks ago a DG Club outside the Noblesville, IN area got permission from the parks dept to drag the water hazzard at James Dillon Park for golf discs. A buddy who was there at the time said they planned to sell them to raise money for their club. They did not say whether they planned to call the numbers on the discs, but one of the guys wouldn't even let my buddy check the bag for a disc I had lost the week before.
I wouldn't mind if a non-DG'er was doing this, but to have other players involved seems wrong. I have not been playing long, but the culture I've witnessed and read about makes me feel like this other club is stealing.
how are they supposed to verify every yahoo that claims that thats their buddys disc , i mean would you give over a really nice disc to someone claiming that it belonged to so and so before you have a chance to call that person ( i did that once and when i finally met the dude whos name was on the disc and told him his buddy had it he never got it and didnt recognize my desciption of the guy) so im real carefull now when people wanna check out whats in my bag as this dude just pulled it out and said thats my buddys im gonna get it back to him and i dont think i would have got it back without a fight.

And do u see golfers harrasing the guy selling balls on the side of the road to give them their buddies balls back " did you find a white
top-flite last week thats mine" and i know golf balls dont cost as much but the top brands arent that cheap anymore but you dont see golfers writing their names on them and even if they did you try snatching one out of a used ball salesmans hands like so many of these intitled dgers do, your gonna end up in jail.

Last edited:
" did you find a white
top-flite last week thats mine"

Haha, Top-Flite balls are great but they are cheap when comparing to Nike and Titleist. I think I would laugh if I saw a golf ball with someone's name and phone number on it. Even though they are not cheap ($2-$5 per ball for the good ones), BG players have too much pride to be that frugal.

Latest posts