• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] A store that carries Discraft selection in the Carolinas?

Hey man, when I lived in NC the best selection I ever saw was @ PIAS in Raleigh, Glenwood Ave. location. They have the most discs of any general sporting goods store location I've ever seen.

I know that's not very close to Charlotte, but if you're in the Triangle check that store out.

The 2-3 target baskets that used to be visible from the road haven't been there for a while. My guess is that it has something to do with Phillip Morris closing a while back(roughly a year ago?). So I'm assuming they no longer have a disc golf course there.

It was pretty good the last time I played it (year and a half a go or so). Too bad it was private and/or gone now.

It was pretty good the last time I played it (year and a half a go or so). Too bad it was private and/or gone now.

RCP is right... it's been gone for quite awhile now. I was hoping that Phillip Morris would donate the baskets to the city of Concord to turn N. Cab into a full 18 holer. Oh well.:(

Wait a sec.... I think (if I remember it correctly) Infinities End down there on Independence in Charlotte has some Discraft.... I think.

Go check it out RCP.

*(just dont let them talk you into buying a bong... resist!)

I think Infinities End is all Innova. I went in there about a month ago looking for a Wasp and I don't think they had any Discraft.

Wait a sec.... I think (if I remember it correctly) Infinities End down there on Independence in Charlotte has some Discraft.... I think.

Go check it out RCP.

The Infinity's on Independence had maybe 5 or 10 Discraft discs last summer, but the last two times I was there, none to be found. Omega Sports at Park Road Shopping Center, and Great Outdoor Provision Co. right beside them had a bit more than anywhere else I've seen, but neither had a large selection.

Michael Johansen & Jeremy Koling are both Charlotte guys sponsored by Discraft. They are at a lot of the club events and can probably easily hook you up with the most popular discs at a decent price. Both are great guys and will be eager to give advice on what Discraft discs will suit you best.

To get a hold of them, I would suggest posting on the www.CharlotteDGC.com forum.

FYI, this link to a map has almost all the stores and courses (not totally up to date, but pretty good)

well when I lived in charlotte the PIAS in Pineville had the best selection of DC stuff. everything else was all Innova but Innova does have a distro center near there.

really the best selection I've seen has been the PIAS off NC 54 near Chapel Hill. I haven't checked the ones in Greensboro. still the best place to look is the used bin of any of them.

Ditto on this.
This PIAS also has a lot of Innova, Quest and Gateway last time I looked.

Hey man, when I lived in NC the best selection I ever saw was @ PIAS in Raleigh, Glenwood Ave. location. They have the most discs of any general sporting goods store location I've ever seen.

I know that's not very close to Charlotte, but if you're in the Triangle check that store out.

Ditto on this too.
This store probably has more than the Charlotte store, but not by that much.

Our local MC Sports just switched to Discraft over Innova, but I live in Michigan, which is Discraft Country.

the Glenwood Ave. store is my current "home base" right now. the bad thing lately is that they have been out of most of their DC discs. Innova stuff is always in stock. I think they carry every Innova mold as well. they carry 85% of DC molds, but it seems like every time i go in there they are out of stock. the PIAS at CrossRoads in Cary is a different animal all together. they just have all the Discs just thrown up on the wall in a corner by the front door. the only organization to the discs is that all the Innova discs are on the wall by the cash register and everything else is on the other wall. they are also a couple bucks higher than Glenwood. but Cary has DGA, Quest/Gateway discs too. not as many used discs though.

Omega sports also carries some discs but they are usually marked way the hell up. In the end I'm gonna agree with Frank. It usually is cheaper to buy online. I used to get all weird about the way discs felt but I got over myself if the disc flew nice or traded it away if it didn't. just remember that if you don't like a disc it doesn't mean that everyone else on earth doesn't like the disc either.

the Glenwood Ave. store is my current "home base" right now. the bad thing lately is that they have been out of most of their DC discs. Innova stuff is always in stock. I think they carry every Innova mold as well. they carry 85% of DC molds, but it seems like every time i go in there they are out of stock. the PIAS at CrossRoads in Cary is a different animal all together. they just have all the Discs just thrown up on the wall in a corner by the front door. the only organization to the discs is that all the Innova discs are on the wall by the cash register and everything else is on the other wall. they are also a couple bucks higher than Glenwood. but Cary has DGA, Quest/Gateway discs too. not as many used discs though.

Omega sports also carries some discs but they are usually marked way the hell up. In the end I'm gonna agree with Frank. It usually is cheaper to buy online. I used to get all weird about the way discs felt but I got over myself if the disc flew nice or traded it away if it didn't. just remember that if you don't like a disc it doesn't mean that everyone else on earth doesn't like the disc either.

Yeah I hated the one in Cary. The one on Glenwood usually had a box of X-outs and a decent selection of used discs too.

I get what OP is saying though, if I've never thrown a certain mold I like to hold it first and see how it feels. If it's a disc I've thrown before I have less of an issue getting it online.

Fins, Furs and Feathers in Sanford has a full wall of Innova, a smaller wall of Discraft and DGA, and even some Quest AT and Lightning. It has more Discraft than any store in NC I've been too, with the exception of maybe the PIAS in Raleigh. Chuckster, the owner, is a cool guy, he sponsors the home grown tourney. Give him your biz, he deserves it.

Go check it out RCP.

Chain, you're too funny, man. Unfortunately I've never noticed Discraft at either Infinity's location. They're always Innova-dominated when I visit.

After I played so terribly today in my first visit to Sugaw Creek, I might need to drown myself in the use of some of Infinity's more "questionable" products.....

Thanks everyone for the great input! Please tell me that SOMEONE here went to Disclanding in Plaza-Midwood back in the day. That place was sweet.

Latest posts