• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

A Tragic Event, but Disc Golfers Help -- Amazing Karma

Consult20

* Ace Member *
A really tragic event happened at a local park a couple days ago, it's a park where a new disc golf course was opened earlier this year. On two different days disc golfers were in the right place at the right time, and helped provide details of the incident and some closure to the family. Below are links with the details of what happened on Thursday.

http://www.gazettextra.com/20161110/update_drivers_name_released_in_fatal_crash_in_riverside_park

http://www.gazettextra.com/20161111/name_of_pedestrian_killed_thursday_released

On Saturday (yesterday), a few of us met at this course to throw as we've done many times since the course opened. After playing 18 holes, 3 of us decided to play another 9 holes. After the 4th hole one guy realizes he left a disc a couple holes back, and said he was just going back to get the disc and cut his round short -- the other 2 of us went ahead and kept playing.

So our buddy went back and picked up his disc, and walked back to his car to leave. On the way back to his car, he heard a cell phone ringing in the grass in an area near where we always park. It was the cell phone of the pedestrian killed on Thursday -- just amazing Karma.

The text below was posted on facebook yesterday.

The most amazing thing happened this evening. My parents had been eating at a restaurant when they received a phone call... FROM CHRIS! It turns out that my husband accidentally called Chris's phone while trying to call someone else... apparently at the same moment of our misdial, someone was in the park and heard it. They used Chris's phone to call my parents. Chris wanted us to find it :)

Latest posts