• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ace first ever throw with new disc?

RUSSELL

* Ace Member *
just wondering if any one has aced with their very first throw of a new disc.
was out today and hit the cage on my drive on hole #1(actually #10, but my first hole), with a new buzzz ss just bought to replace one I lost a year ago, and it just got me to thinking...

Yes. Watermelon envy. Shorty hole I'd hit before. But first throw was with that disc was cool, half way in the air to the pin I was like, no f'n way. Haha

Side note, I get a ton of ace runs with new discs for some reason. Accident probably ;)

Full disclosure it was a cubby ace too, it's hole one, so usually warmimg up by throwing a couple and I think it was number 3 or 4 on that hole? :D

The 1st time that I threw a Comet I hit the basket. (2nd swamp hole Hudson Mills original course)

Hit basket on a short downhill first hole with a DX colt. Pretty sweet start to that disc's career in my bag.

Yup. First throw with a new cayote many years ago. Shorter hole (i forget which number) at acorn park in roseville MN

Not the first throw, but I hit an Ace with the 3rd toss of my Plasma Envy. I knew it right as it left my hand, too... I had only owned that disc for about an hour (tops) since I ran by the house and snagged it from the maibox on my way to the course!

Full disclosure, I've been throwing Proton Envy's for a while so while it was a new plastic and a new disc, it wasn't a new mold to me. But it was a legit, first-throw ace with 4 witnesses!!

I picked up a used Stag and first throw splashed out of the chains. I must have used it all up on that throw because its short career was underwhelming. I sold it to some random kid for beer money.

Never on the first throw, but I did get an ace during the first round with a new disc that had been borrowed from a friend and subsequently inherited by me

Sort of.
I bought a new Sidewinder, and I was on hole 9 of a local course. I threw my seasoned Sidewinder up to within about 20', then I remembered I had the new disc in my bag. Threw it up there and BOOM, right in the chains.
I actually felt a bit cheated cause I don't think a cubby ace is an actual ace, and when anyone asks me how many aces I have, i usually just say " 7...and a half"

Yep, bought a champ xcal for my meathook duties. Took it to acorn park, and on hole 14 with its first throw I hit the ace. Threw it one other time, and parked another meathook hole, but it was my first ace disc so I hung it up and bought a new meathook

Not yet, crossed in line a few feet behind the basket on a 184' hole with a first throw wizard.
Got a strike first roll with my bowling ball, my reaction was "Wow, guess this works" so looking forward to this with a disc :)

Once. Wanted a flippier buzz so bought a Buzz SS on the way to leagues one day. Stepped out the car threw it on the first hole a 260' straight shot and canned it.
Saw another one. Playing a 12 am Christmas glow round. The 3 of us bought eachother a disc. My buddy threw his new discs for his first shot and stuck it.

I only had one disc at the time. On the 4th hole, my bud offered to let me try his brand new disc. I aced. He said, "it's all yours" and let me keep it.

Closest I've come is a cubby ace on the second throw of a new disc.

2 winters ago with an Aries. Threw 16 at Tendick and it flipped over, so on 17 I threw it again as my second shot and nailed it.

Latest posts