• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ace Race 2013 Player Pack Video - Includes Disc Profile!!

Perhaps it's not an XL type disc, but an actual XL.

I've suggested for a few years now that they just put an existing mold out in a new plastic for the Ace Race, rather than overlap something they already have.

Their whole rationale for doing this is to get feedback on a new mold (or at least a significant tweak to an existing mold). If they wanted to release a Ti XL, then why wouldn't they just run a few and see how well they sell?

To the contrary, I think getting people all hyped, only to find this was an XL in new plastic would be counter productive.

Last edited:
Their whole rationale for doing this is to get feedback on a new mold (or at least a significant tweak to an existing mold). If they wanted to release a Ti XL, then why wouldn't they just run a few and see how well they sell?

To the contrary, I think getting people all hyped, only to find this was an XL in new plastic would be counter productive.

Agreed, but my point really was, how many new molds or slots in my bag does Discraft have left to fill. It is a domey, slow speed, somewhat undertable driver, by all accounts. Sounds like an XL or pretty close. I am excited either way.
Do the TD's take into account the disc when setting an Ace Race course? I certainly cannot hit metal on a 350-600 ft hole, so I assume they shorten some holes for play?

Is no one else excited for the Mini Magnet? I'm pumped for that alone.
Yea! And I am excited for the pint glasses :thmbup:

This package looks to be pretty great so I don't know why so many people are crying about it. If you don't like the discs then just give them to a friend or something. Disc golfing is supposed to be about having a good time with your friends. I guess there are a lot of Discraft haters out there but if you don't like them then don't participate!

Do the TD's take into account the disc when setting an Ace Race course? I certainly cannot hit metal on a 350-600 ft hole, so I assume they shorten some holes for play?

My understanding is that they wil shorten the holes. Most will be 150-200 ft (i think). Look at the other thread about the Ace Race.

Yea! And I am excited for the pint glasses :thmbup:

This package looks to be pretty great so I don't know why so many people are crying about it. If you don't like the discs then just give them to a friend or something. Disc golfing is supposed to be about having a good time with your friends. I guess there are a lot of Discraft haters out there but if you don't like them then don't participate!

I'm pumped for the pints too for sure.

I don't know if it's so much Discraft haters as it is self-entitled brats. It's like they expect the moon in order to grace the event with their presence.

I don't know if it's so much Discraft haters as it is self-entitled brats. It's like they expect the moon in order to grace the event with their presence.

Same here! I was at a Vibram Birdie bash this past spring and I was on a card with a guy who couldn't stop "Bashing" Vibram AND the T.D.! WTH?!? You're getting more than your money's worth, just from the new plastic! Quit your whining people and apreciate what you've got or GO HOME!

Same here! I was at a Vibram Birdie bash this past spring and I was on a card with a guy who couldn't stop "Bashing" Vibram AND the T.D.! WTH?!? You're getting more than your money's worth, just from the new plastic! Quit your whining people and apreciate what you've got or GO HOME!

I'm afraid to ask his name since we're in the same area. I probably know him. I'm guessing it was the one at Boone?

You mean this package doesn't come with a moon? :eek: Well count me out, then!

The only things I ever want out of an Ace Race are 2 discs(don't really care what as long as they are AR stamped), a mini, and aces. I have no aces yet, and feel like this is going to be my year.

Yeah, I really liked getting a hat(I've worn it every time I've been golfing since that AR) and a bag, but my main focus is beating my friends.

Is no one else excited for the Mini Magnet? I'm pumped for that alone.

The mini Magnet is the one reason I'm playing. The other stuff is a bonus, but I my love and respect for the Magnet was enough to convince me. I can't wait to use it.

Buying two TI discs alone would cost more than the $25 dollar entry fee. So Whatever else they added plus a two round event sound like a pretty good deal.

Hopefully the discs will be good though. Another understable fairway driver was not what I had hoped for, but you never know they could be great and replace something in my bag.

Did anyone else not notice the reusable score cards?! Finally! We can stop killing trees in disc golf.. Well in one aspect at least. But seriously the reusable scorecard is going be great for casual and tourney rounds

Latest posts