• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ace signage idea

NEVER sign the basket... Never.

Rookie mistakes. I hate seeing that trash all over my beautiful basket.

I won't sign your basket just the other 17 or so on the course. I mean writing on a basket has no effect on me making or missing putts. I've always heard to sign basket since i first learned the game in ausin about 8 years ago.
How about if you get an ace you pick up five pieces of trash or dog poop if you're worried about the city/county park.

I have never seen a basket signed anywhere in Socal. Ever. Plenty of discs, but no baskets.

My home course (Huntington Beach) Has an ACE Board just like DSCJNKY mentioned. I hope to be on it one day... I've almost Aced # 1 about 10 times. Hit the basket twice.

River City Nature Park in Debary FL has a unique one. On the other side of the course sign there is another sign with 9 pegs (only a nine holer) numbered 1-9 and a 10th peg with extra widgets (look like joining biscuits with a hole?).

If you make an ace you take one of the blank biscuits, sign and date and hang it on the hole peg.

Works great.
Why can't I picture what this looks like?

Around here I see signature's from recs and pros at the different courses I play. Personally I think it's interesting to read, especially when people put what disc they used and you know how the person throws, so you get a good idea of how it went in.

I was proud to earn putting my name on a basket. No one here seems to mind or think it's disrespectful. Maybe if I aced a hole on a course that's way out of town that I don't plan on hitting up often, but on my home course it felt right. The baskets at this particular course are due to be replaced soon anyways.
This can be a slippery slope for outsider vandalism.

In essence signing the basket is vandalism anyway.

Basket signing is vandalism. No other way to look at it. Plus you shouldn't be leaving anything on the course that wasn't there in the first place... except your tears.

I like the ace signage idea, but people need to be honest and not sign the ace area if they dont. And they shouldn't even have the at some courses.. Blue Valley.

Okay, I've got an Idea. Just after reading the first couple of threads. I think I'll take this to Timg.

Open up a wall on courses review page. And let it be a place to post an Ace. This way it satisfies the "Letting the world know" urge. It's not 100%, but hey... every little bit helps. We can call it "The Ace Wall" or "The Wall of Ace" or something like that, and it will be on each of the courses page.

Just a thought

I've got an idea. I'm just going to start writing down the names of people from the baskets that I see and make a thread on here for them. It will be called the "I'm so good that everyone who plays this hole needs to know it thread". You want fame? Oh, I'll give you fame...

At my home course, Matter Park, a guy signed and dated a basket. Then, a month or so later, they ended up roatating the baskets. Just stick to signing discs.

Latest posts