• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ace signage idea

I can't hit my ace, just yet!

My sentiments exactly. I always looked forward to it, but I never hit my ace until after I gained a respect and maturity I didn't have at the time.
So... you were able to time the arrival of your first ace? Very crafty!:D

***POST POLICE***(pretend to hear sirens)
All the talk about Emmitt Smith should be in the water cooler area, how did we get off ace signing places?

One of the courses near me, Lost Indian Spring (Arkabutla Lake in North MS) has placed signs on the back of the number plate for you to record ace info (name, date, witnesses, etc.) -- from the course photo gallery: Basket Ace Info Photo. After a while, the info will be transferred to the main course info board and a new sheet left on the number plate.

I like this idea -- you have the choice whether or not to leave your info for others to notice, but it you do, you are not vandalizing or defacing in any way.

Better than anything else I have seen...

One of the courses near me, Lost Indian Spring (Arkabutla Lake in North MS) has placed signs on the back of the number plate for you to record ace info (name, date, witnesses, etc.) -- from the course photo gallery: Basket Ace Info Photo. After a while, the info will be transferred to the main course info board and a new sheet left on the number plate.

I like this idea -- you have the choice whether or not to leave your info for others to notice, but it you do, you are not vandalizing or defacing in any way.

how do they keep them dry?

people will always want to show their deeds. Giving them an outlet such as what is shown above would help control how much is written and where.

I don't write on tees, or worse signs, but I do flaunt it in other ways, even though I bet it looks tacky (look below) . oh well.

how do they keep them dry?

Not sure -- I haven't had a chance to get down there and play since those signs were put on. I'm thinking, though, that Sharpie or ballpoint on vinyl would last in the rain, unless it's a good old monsoon. I'm also not sure on how often they are updated, but I'm betting some of the guys in the club have an arrangement to keep spare signs in their bags and replace them as needed when they play.

Put it on your disc... not the course...

signing anywhere on the course seems like nothing more than filling a need to brag. why not just write the info on your disc and call it good.

NEVER sign the basket... Never.

Rookie mistakes. I hate seeing that trash all over my beautiful basket.

I will sign my disc, but never the basket
What they said,
:thmbup: Sign the disc only!

Around here people sign the tee off pole with their ace shots. I actually asked an older park employee who was doing some landscaping about a week ago what he thought about signing the poles and he said "as long as people arent writing cuss words and making racist remarks and stuff like that then we dont mind, infact I think thats a great idea". They are happy when disc golfers sign the pole, and not very happy when the gang bangers and dick heads spray paint obsenities and gang crap all over the playground equipment that they have to repaint and scrub off.

I put the hole info and date on my disc and everyone in the group signs the scorecard. There's a couple of courses in Colorado that have an Ace Wall. I think it's a cool idea. Signing the basket is pointless. It's gonna rub off or fade anyway.

Around here people sign the tee off pole with their ace shots. I actually asked an older park employee who was doing some landscaping about a week ago what he thought about signing the poles and he said "as long as people arent writing cuss words and making racist remarks and stuff like that then we dont mind, infact I think thats a great idea". They are happy when disc golfers sign the pole, and not very happy when the gang bangers and dick heads spray paint obsenities and gang crap all over the playground equipment that they have to repaint and scrub off.

I think that a non golfer that observes people writing on the golf pole would be more likely to lay down some art of their own. I say sign the disc, post it on this site, or do whatever you need to do, just don't mark up the park.

I think that a non golfer that observes people writing on the golf pole would be more likely to lay down some art of their own.

Thats true, I like to see all the names of people who got aces but there is a lot of penis drawings and garbage like " jeff is gay " or my gang is tougher than your gang or whatever. That stuff bothers me.

Around here I see signature's from recs and pros at the different courses I play. Personally I think it's interesting to read, especially when people put what disc they used and you know how the person throws, so you get a good idea of how it went in.

I was proud to earn putting my name on a basket. No one here seems to mind or think it's disrespectful. Maybe if I aced a hole on a course that's way out of town that I don't plan on hitting up often, but on my home course it felt right. The baskets at this particular course are due to be replaced soon anyways.

Thats true, I like to see all the names of people who got aces but there is a lot of penis drawings and garbage like " jeff is gay " or my gang is tougher than your gang or whatever. That stuff bothers me.

My favorite one at riverside, is the table by hole 5 says

"Fro 20 cant hang with the streets Fro 20"

I always laugh......

i dont care to sign anything.. i know what happened and it's good enuff for me

If I sign anything it's the wooden post that holds the tee sign (and that usually wears off due to weather within a year.

Apparently I'm in the minority but I like seeing how many people ace any given hole.

Latest posts