• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Aces, 2009 edition

Got my 4th of the year yesterday. #12 (old #16) at Telulah in Appleton WI.

Dx Roc+Giant hyzer=Ace.

Got my 4th yesterday (second tournament ace)

Very first throw of a 4 round tourney in Hamilton, IL/Keokuk, IA, the Wildcat Springs Open. Hole 12 at Rand park in Keokuk, slightly up hill, 225'ish anhyzer with a new KC Roc. Blam!

I was in the ace pool as well, but ended up splitting with another MA1 guy who nailed one on Sunday. Still very cool to ace with my first throw, and to have Nate Doss's sig as a witness!

got my 6th of the year tonight. http://www.dgcoursereview.com/view_image.php?p=course_pics/874/7e3b462a.jpg pin was at C, end of road on the left 10ft down the hill. 318ft

Got my first night-Ace last night. #18 at red arrow in Oshkosh with a Z-comet.

That puts me 2 short of my 2009 goal of 7 aces with about 6 weeks of good DG left.

Got an Ace last night, during league play, at Ashe Park in West Jefferson, NC. Hole 6 with a Star Eagle X! Worth $139! Thanks DGR!

Three recently-
7-24-09 Family property course, IN, Hole #2-250 ft uphill hyzer 180g DX Roc
9-19-09 Family property course, IN, Hole #1-270 ft uphill high s-shot around trees
172g ESP Venom
11-2-09 Fly by faith, Lafayette, IN, Hole #11-250 ft slight downhill 174g FLX Challenger

I got my 6th career on Saturday at Hickory Run State Park hole 15.
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/gallery.php?id=23&mode=gal#

I have been close for the past 3 weeks and I actually hit a second shot ace (doesnt count) 5 days earlier.

My buddy and I have a side bet that if one of us aces during a round together, the other person has to buy the person a disc and frame their ace disc.

I would've posted this earlier, but for some reason forgot that DGR had an 'Aces' thread...probably because I've never posted in it before! :lol:

I got my first ace ever on Thursday, October 29th at Stony Creek Metropark in Shelby Township, MI.

Hole 10 is about 300'-ish. It's flat almost halfway and then a slight downhill to the basket. I took a slight hyzer route with a 170g SS Wizard and hit the center of the chains clean. :D

It took me almost four years exactly to hit my first ace and I did it with one of the first Wizards I ever bought, which has been in my bag the entire time.

sleepy

sleepy said:
I would've posted this earlier, but for some reason forgot that DGR had an 'Aces' thread...probably because I've never posted in it before! :lol:

I got my first ace ever on Thursday, October 29th at Stony Creek Metropark in Shelby Township, MI.

Hole 10 is about 300'-ish. It's flat almost halfway and then a slight downhill to the basket. I took a slight hyzer route with a 170g SS Wizard and hit the center of the chains clean. :D

It took me almost four years exactly to hit my first ace and I did it with one of the first Wizards I ever bought, which has been in my bag the entire time.

sleepy

Woohoo - congrats Sleepy!!!

I just hit my first ace this afternoon on #3 at Highland Park in Saint Paul, MN!

It's about 271ft and slightly uphill (20-25ft). The shot was a slight hyzer to try and play the right to left wind - it straighted out just a bit just past half way and then faded straight into the chains. It seemed to hang there for a little bit still spinning in the middle of the chains and I thought with my almost ace luck it would find a way to fall out... but it dropped into the basket!
1stace.jpg

Latest posts