• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Aces 2010

cmlasley

Double Eagle Member
I played a round with some friends today at Tourist Park in Cedar Falls, Iowa. It was a beautiful 8 degrees out with a windchill of -3 degrees, and I hit my first ace since 2006 on hole 13 (probably about 130 ft. I know, not that impressive - its a short course).

Edit: The disc was a soft S Wizard.

Happy new year to that. It's about 20 degrees here and I've been debating going out. I guess I should be a man.

Awesome. I'm hoping to see/hit an ace when I meet up with some buds to play a local short course later today. One of the guys hit one two days ago, and I've hit metal twice in the past week and a half. Maybe today's my lucky day too. :D

Last year broke my 11 year streak of having an ace a year. I played on 12/30 and hit metal on 3 baskets. I shot the most soldid I have in a long time, but no ace :(

cmlasley said:
I played a round with some friends today at Tourist Park in Cedar Falls, Iowa. It was a beautiful 8 degrees out with a windchill of -3 degrees, and I hit my first ace since 2006 on hole 13 (probably about 130 ft. I know, not that impressive - its a short course).

Aces at Tourist shouldn't count, most holes you can jump putt from the tee pad and hit the basket :lol: :lol: :lol:

BLURR said:
cmlasley said:

Aces at Tourist shouldn't count, most holes you can jump putt from the tee pad and hit the basket :lol: :lol: :lol:

Funny 'cause it's true.

Today @ Aquatic park Berkeley #10 240 feet over water beat dx roc flipped over; pure.
#4 for me.

I aced hole #8 at the course in New London today. It is only 205 feet but it the fairway is like 10 feet wide and has a kind bend in it half way down the hole. There is a large tree right at the bend and I threw a beat X COMET on a hyzer flip line just to the side of the tree, it flipped perfectly flat and went straight in. Normally I would throw a putter but it just snowed and the pads were bad and it worked out perfectly.

Tourist park is fun and is probably a great winter place to play. I would venture to say tourist park is the shortest in the country. It is like the size of a football field (maybe 1 and a half football fields) that has 18 holes in it. Really fun place to take new people to. Congrats to your buddy on getting an ace.

When me and my buddies went to tourist I told everyone if they don't shoot par they have to give up disc golf.

nohr said:
When me and my buddies went to tourist I told everyone if they don't shoot par they have to give up disc golf.

My best in league play is -12. It is the definition of pitch and putt.

Hit hole 5 on the zilker south/short side with a x comet. Easy hole but a nice slow flight to watch. Had a couple ace runs at 7 same day same side. Would have been a hell of a lot more impressive.

Got my first yesterday.

At our local group cashed 188.

It was a 320 foot shot across a water. It is one that is should I go for it or not. went for it and ching.

lefty-hyzer said:
Aced #3 at Kentwood today with the Mako.
I have had several nice ace runs with my 180 FR. I know there are a lot of those who don't like the Mako but it is a potential "ace machine" as it flies like a putter.
Congrats; here is a virtual $1.

Can we start a running tally of top "ace molds"? it would be cool to see what disc has the most aces at the end of 2010. It may even settle the Roc, Buzz, Comet etc fueds.

Billym said:
Today @ Aquatic park Berkeley #10 240 feet over water beat dx roc flipped over; pure.
#4 for me.

Hey....I am going to be in Alameda in March....I would love to hook up and play with ya ....and or any other DGR folks who live out there! I played Aquatic last year and sucked it up man.

peppermack said:
Billym said:
#4 for me.

Hey....I am going to be in Alameda in March....I would love to hook up and play with ya ....and or any other DGR folks who live out there! I played Aquatic last year and sucked it up man.
PM me when you are heading out. We have a Saturday weekly but otherwise there is almost always someone down at AP in the afternoons.
Yea AP can be a real disaster when it all does not go right.

Awesome, I will let ya know! It will be the second or third week of march sometime. All those water shots at Aquatic freak me out. I didn't loose any discs but came closE. What's he deal with the homeless dudes and all the discs they pull out of the water? They selling them? Anyway, I will hit ya up. It will be my first chance to play with some DGR folks. I was supposed to play with Dig It in Colorado earlier this year but my back was fucked up and I couldn't:(

eli said:
Hit hole 5 on the zilker south/short side with a x comet. Easy hole but a nice slow flight to watch. Had a couple ace runs at 7 same day same side. Would have been a hell of a lot more impressive.

your a liar . i dont believe your ass 8)

Latest posts