• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ace's - who, what, where when & how?

Got my 6th total, 3rd of the year yesterday.

#10 at Vollrath, 171 Champ Rhyno

Nothing special w/ the short hole. Good to get an ace on the new Rhyno after losing my old one w/ 2 aces on it a week ago. Ahh redemption is sweet...

pd

I got my sixth career ACE last night at Tyler State Park in Newtown, PA. Got hole #14 in the A pin with a 171g White esp Avenger SS. perfect S curve - threw it anhyzer, it cut in between those huge guard trees and hyzered into the basket! no chains at all, all bucket!
230 feet to that A pin!

I also get to collect on the ace pot at next week's league night - either $50 or $100, not sure but either way I am happy!

I've only got one and it was overdue. I had been dialing in the middle placement for hole 8 on the back course at Oakland park in Columbia, Mo for several weeks. I hit it with a red e-elx. I was shocked and kept watching it replay in my head, then my two friends tackeld me. It was the first ace that any of us had gotten...hoping to add another during the mid america open in two weeks and get some cash.

Second career ace on Saturday at the dinky little Bull Run pitch and putt course in No.Va. Played 5 rounds that day, started to practice forehand on the last round because my back was hurting. Nailed 4 right in the chains with my Demon for an approx. 190ft ace. This was about the 3rd decent forehand shot I've ever had. But it was the second time that day I had nailed chains on 4. Had beauty cut through 3 rounds earlier with the same disc but backhand. Everytime I start telling myself I'm getting rid of my Demon, I nail metal 2 or 3 times in a day with it.

No witnesses of course. But I know what I did. 8)

Forgot to post here my 10th Ace. It happen on Hole #8 at Westlake, this hole has been my nemesis. I finally nailed it tho.
w00t!
Happened on June 29th.

Fritz said:
Forgot to post here my 10th Ace on Hole #8 at Westlake, this hole has been my nemesis. I finally nailed it tho.
w00t!
Happened on June 29th.

My first thought was "how the f*** could this hole be your nemesis when you've aced it 10 times?" (got to work at 5 am today)

Jerry R said:
Fritz said:
Forgot to post here my 10th Ace on Hole #8 at Westlake, this hole has been my nemesis. I finally nailed it tho.
w00t!
Happened on June 29th.

My first thought was "how the f*** could this hole be your nemesis when you've aced it 10 times?" (got to work at 5 am today)

:lol: I reworded it, so as not to confuse earlier risers.

Almost aced this one today. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/Trystero4/104_0543.jpg

230+ blind shot with the basket just left of the of trees in the distance. Threw my DX Raven a little higher than usual. I could tell it was right on line so I jogged up a little as it was in the air. I actually heard it hit chains and thought I had it. As I neared the basket I could see the chains still moving and my disc about 10 feet away, to the left. :cry:

TannerBoyle said:
Almost aced this one today. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/Trystero4/104_0543.jpg

230+ blind shot with the basket just left of the of trees in the distance. Threw my DX Raven a little higher than usual. I could tell it was right on line so I jogged up a little as it was in the air. I actually heard it hit chains and thought I had it. As I neared the basket I could see the chains still moving and my disc about 10 feet away, to the left. :cry:

carding a boogie after that nice drive must have really stung...

Jaysus said:
TannerBoyle said:

carding a boogie after that nice drive must have really stung...

Heeyyooooooooooooooooooo!

I've been playing about a 1 1/2 years and hit my fourth ace on the 4th of July. It was also my first skip ace and they've all landed on holidays. Father's Day (with my dad), Lailat-ul-Miraj, memorial day, and now independence day. Ranging from 270ft to 321ft.

Got my 2nd ace yesterday on this hole

e15a.jpg

280 ft pin on the left. Blind shot. Threw my beat 171 Champ Teebird.

Finally I got #15!!!!!

Hole 1 at NE Lions at my home course. 252 ft. this hole has been taunting me since I moved here 6 years ago. My ole trusty beat up sanny roc. It was almost 2 years since my last one

WAHOO!!!!!

Got my first ace today! It was a straight tunnle or a high anny hole at my cousins home course with all home made baskets. The hole is 245ft, I forehanded my E Spirit with a small S and it hit square in the middle of the chains an accually stuck this time.

I also won my first tourny this weekend at Capital City Challenge in Lansing playing in the Am 2 division, thinking about moving up soon.

My brother Ryan played a round with Dave Mac at a brand new course in STL. The hole was about 230 and surround by trees. Ryan threw his drive and it kicked off a nearby tree and aced. They were screaming ace and then Dave said to throw another one, and his next throw aced again. This was his first and second ace. I'm sure it was the courses first ace also, being that it was only a day or two old at the time. Dave knick named you pocket aces. Now he is debating whether or not to retired both those discs together.

Hit one tonight at Tuesday doubles at Cedar Hills #10. Threw an nicely beat in SS wizard and I knew it as soon as I threw it. Hit chains and didn't even think about coming out.

The funny thing is that I hit the pole on this shot last week with my very beat up super roc and cracked it, ruining one of my favorite discs. I would have probably aced it last week but it was real windy and the wind knocked the shot down pretty good at the end.

But by waiting a week I won $276 instead of $230ish.

jist313 said:
My brother Ryan played a round with Dave Mac at a brand new course in STL. The hole was about 230 and surround by trees. Ryan threw his drive and it kicked off a nearby tree and aced. They were screaming ace and then Dave said to throw another one, and his next throw aced again. This was his first and second ace. I'm sure it was the courses first ace also, being that it was only a day or two old at the time. Dave knick named you pocket aces. Now he is debating whether or not to retired both those discs together.

Hey, I saw that happen. Wait... it was me.:D
The first ace was a fluke, it had the right height but I hung the disc out to the right, then it hit the tree and came backwards and left for the ace. The second Ace was a anhyzer Wizard that hit nothing but chains and the pole.

Just got my first ace. Kaposia Hole 18

http://playdg.com/courses/?s=MN&c=kaposia&h=18
(Not shown hay bails stacked 2 high at the top of the hill, been there since the Majestic)

I was just finishing up a Roc only round. I stepped up to the tee and thought to myself "You know I always try for the ace here but I don't think I'll ever get it. Oh well might as well go for it again. Keep the nose down and put a bit of hyzer seasoning on it." Threw it and thought ot myself "Ohhh thats a good one, gonna be close." Then as it got closer I thought "Gonna be real close probably off the chains or something." Then cha ching! Hit the chains and fell in. Best part there was a guy walking up the road to the left of it who watched it and signed my disc for me :D