• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Acetone vs. Tye Dye Pro?

In my experience, no. Unless the disc was freshly dyed (ie: done right before you tried to wipe the stamp) the dye will already be set. You may see some residual dye come off on your rags, but I wouldn't expect it to be noticeable on the disc.

yea, dye permeates the disc and doesn't just sit on the surface, so you won't lose anything.
it may be possible to smudge some of the tyedye color onto a white section or the disc or something, so just be careful with your stamp removal

Just got home and gave it a go. Everything went fine, very very little of the dye came on the cotton pad. I really like the way that "Valkyrie" and the "innova" stamp ghosted in the dye, looks really cool. Now if only they didn't have the dumb partial circle and flight numbers etc, but those aren't nearlt as noticeable.

I'm guessing, but I'm pretty sure "ghosting" is his reference to the slight embossing that the Innova stamps leave when they press the hot foil into the disc. I've got a few discs that fit that description and it can be pretty cool when the factory gave it a good even press and it doesn't mess with your design.

Am I wrong?

I've noticed this on Innova tie-dye discs. I think the disc is stamped before they die it, so when you remove the stamp, the disc is still white-ish/grey underneath.

Now if you could just rub the Valkyrie out of the disc it would be even better!!!!

Valk =
overrated!!!!

wow easy there the valk is not overrated. could be the best discs ever made. its been a staple in my bag since i started playing

Go easy on him, he's only been playing for 2 years. He knows not what he means. Ten years ago you couldn't find a longer disc.

Latest posts