• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Adidas sponsors Paul McBeth

I saw a post on Facebook where he or a second party indicated he's with the Adidas Outdoor products division which includes more than just shoes but apparently, not their golf apparel.

Well if he comes out this year in adidas shoes, socks, shirt, hat, towels, patches on his bag and a logo on his rv/trailer we could assume cash may be involved.

I heard Adidas gave him one shoe and if sales increased he would get the other one.

The above deal ^ is closer to the actual deal than the one where Adidas straight cuts PM a check for $50k.

$50k... :doh::wall::doh::wall::doh::wall::doh::wall::doh::wall:

You do realize most sponsored athletes who receive a paycheck don't get it all at once right?

Not saying McBeth is getting paid with this deal, but if he was they wouldn't cut him one large check.

I think it's a no brainer that money is involved just a ? of how much. Paul has the resume that every shoe manufacture would give him free merch to represent them. A pair of shoes cost nothing for manufactures to produce. If I'm Paul I'm not representing them without a pay check.

Obama-bucks-animated-money-gif.gif

this thread just shows how stupid some disc golfers here really are.

...and you guys think IM ON SOMETHING?!... whew'

Obama-bucks-animated-money-gif.gif

this thread just shows how stupid some disc golfers here really are.

...and you guys think IM ON SOMETHING?!... whew'
Have you seen McBeths camper, truck, cars? If the sponsorship was he gets a couple pairs of shoes then I don't see the point for him really. If he basically doesn't have to buy shoes/clothes then it would make more sense. I think McThreestripes knows he has value so I don't think he would sell himself short. Adidas can just look at his disc sales and even how well he raises money for charities. There is ample proof that he has value. I think you are naive for acting like money couldn't be involved. Also Nike outbid Adidas for Michael Jordan. The contract Nike gave Jordan was unheard of, but it paid off big time. I know disc golf is way smaller scale, but if Adidas decided disc golf is a worthwhile venture, I don't think they would be scared to throw some money at it to grab a huge chunk of the market by paying the best.

I have spent more money on disc golf footwear than all my other disc golf gear combined. (Dam that concrete.) That has to be worth something. I now see Adidas in a different light.

Best of luck Paul. Now take us to the next level.

I saw a post on Facebook where he or a second party indicated he's with the Adidas Outdoor products division which includes more than just shoes but apparently, not their golf apparel.
No golf apparel. McBeth pays Adidas!

His announcement on Facebook: Quote:
2016: We are almost one month into the books and it's already been an incredible year! I want to thank and announce Adidas Shoes as my sponsor for 2016. This are by far the most comfortable and durable shoes I've ever used for disc golf. Lightweight and water proof is a must when you play day in and day out rain or shine. @adidasoutdoor another awesome accomplishment for 2016 is I've hit 1055 in my player rating! That was one of my 2016 goals so now it's to maintain and raise that bar. @innovadiscs ‪#‎respecttheoffseason‬ ‪#‎ToTheTop‬ ‪#‎BabySteps‬ ‪#‎Adidas‬ @adidas

Sounds like it's just a shoe deal? Not necessarily apparel as well.

Even if it's as minor as them providing him with some free shoes, that's an awesome deal for him!

Just thought that I'd re-post this, regarding Shoes, from very early in the thread in case we have some late entries into the mix. Just an FYI. :)

Just thought that I'd re-post this, regarding Shoes, from very early in the thread in case we have some late entries into the mix. Just an FYI. :)
Hmm I did miss that, but that makes me feel more confident honestly. That is a major plug for an untapped market really. He shouldve added a "tell adidas mcbeast sent ya" to that post. All disc golfers need shoes, shoes wear out you need more shoes, mcbeth SELLS in this sport no question. Disc golf is one sport where there isn't really brand loyalty for a shoe like a most other sports/hobbies. Adidas will the the first. Under Armour is spending pretty big money to try to get into different small niche outdoor sports. If I'm Adidas and I'm not paying him, I am watching very closely and prepared to pay. Might as well take a chance and give him a little now to create a loyalty from mcbeth to Adidas though imo. It worked for Innova. Wouldn't even consider with any other pro though.

Latest posts