• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Adidas sponsors Paul McBeth

Amazing to see all these people gush about how awesome Adidas shoes are for disc golf. Where was the circlejerk two days ago before sponsoring McBeth? :p

Amazing to see all these people gush about how awesome Adidas shoes are for disc golf. Where was the circlejerk two days ago before sponsoring McBeth? :p

I remember a thread a while back about shoes and don't remember there being a huge calling for Adidas. I can't wear tennis shoes at all, i am a toe dragger and the only shoe i would wear from them would be the shell toes, but they are flat footed and that won't work.

Keens are all i have found with the thick toes and still comfortable.

and someone mentioned reebok being crap, they own Adidas for what its worth.

Even if its just an apparrel sponsorship, that is a lot of money he is gonna save on swag.

and someone mentioned reebok being crap, they own Adidas for what its worth.
It's the other way around. Reebok, Runtastic, TaylorMade-Adidas, FC Bayern Munich and Ashworth are all subsidiaries of Adidas.

^ Dude you got it wrong, Adidas bought Reebok in Jan. of 2006 for $3.8 billion U.S. :eek:

You guys should check up on the history of Adidas it is interesting. Two brothers run the company, hate each other, one leaves and works to build his brand...Puma?

I learned this years ago and never knew Puma was a German brand. I always thought it was a Spanish company or something :eek:.

I know Wikipeada can be somewhat sketchy but here is a good read about the company and the fallout of the Dassler brothers, Roudolf "Rudi" and Adolf "Adi":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adidas

It's the other way around. Reebok, Runtastic, TaylorMade-Adidas, FC Bayern Munich and Ashworth are all subsidiaries of Adidas.

Aha, there is a plant here on the east side of Indy, two times a year they open their doors to the public and sell ish on the super cheap. Mostly stuff that doesn't sell and obscure college sports shirts. You can find a few gems though.

For S&Gs, I just updated Paul McBeth's wikipage, so now the sponsorship is official

I guess a handful of people saying they like adidas qualifies for a circlejerk. But really two days ago? I guess I could have started a thread about the shoes about how awesome I think the shoes I wear are. As a mediocre newbie i'm sure that would have had quite a bit of... traction.

I can't wait to start counting how many Champ Monsters I start seeing on the course.

Why does this news get me pretty excited? Look at the main sponsors here - http://www.ukfootgolf.com/ (bottom of the page)
Adidas have been a driving force in the growth of another variant of golf.

Congrats MCBeast hope this is the start of something bigger!

Just a thought:

Another dynamic of this deal is that McBeth could be featured in Adidas advertisements. That could expose new audiences to disc golf, and possibly that sort of context is a good way to start improving public opinion of the sport. (For folks who care about that sort of stuff.)

Lol. You guys have it twisted.

Simmer down. Hes getting some free stuff to use #adidias and stuff for now. Commercials?! Come on maaaaan.

I was already planning on giving the Terrex R GTX Swifts a try this season. Congrats Paul.

Why does this news get me pretty excited? Look at the main sponsors here - http://www.ukfootgolf.com/ (bottom of the page)
Adidas have been a driving force in the growth of another variant of golf.

Congrats MCBeast hope this is the start of something bigger!

Footgolf's relationship to soccer is what makes it an appealing sponsorship avenue for Adidas. The fact that it's another variation of golf doesn't mean much.

Just a thought:

Another dynamic of this deal is that McBeth could be featured in Adidas advertisements. That could expose new audiences to disc golf, and possibly that sort of context is a good way to start improving public opinion of the sport. (For folks who care about that sort of stuff.)

Not gonna happen.

^^^This. They do sponsor Mark Gonzales though. Adidas does make comfortable golf shoes though so this could lead to something.

Last edited:
Footgolf's relationship to soccer is what makes it an appealing sponsorship avenue for Adidas. The fact that it's another variation of golf doesn't mean much.

Nope. Adidas are the largest Golf brand globally. They are tied in to the golf industry in a huge way through Taylor Made and just Adidas generally. Golf is seeing a huge downturn in revenue. Adidas are pushing footgolf as, yes it sells more footballs, but mainly because of their position in golf.

Disc Golf fits into that profile well and in future has far more potential for retail sales than footgolf, which is a bit limited - got a football? Got the weird attire? Done. Disc golf purchasing goes on forever, much like Golf.

As for McBeth starring in Adidas commercials - as much as I would love to see it, I think we might be a little way away from that yet...

Latest posts