• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Advice on a tunnel shot....

Danger

Double Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
Hey all, this one is about 350 feet, par 4. Elevation 7800, mountain terrain with either snow or really uneven ground (aka not really roller friendly). Have never encountered anything like this back where I'm from, so I'm curious as to what disc/throw you all would use for this. Any help is much appreciated :)

picture.php

Buzzz or putter to be safe and play for the four, shot at 3. A little less safe would be to use a stalker, and depending on your distance you're playing the hole for birdie or eagle with a perfect drive.

Not sure what the elevation would do to a stable disc, but I would try my beat starfire. It holds an almost perfectly straight line to about 360.

I like the idea of a mid/putter and just throw 2, 175-foot throws that are dead straight and go for your birdie putt.

I personally would fan grip a Discraft Stratus at about 50% power and allow it to just float straight ahead with little roll or fade at the end.

normally i would say champ teebird, but i would have to go with a stratus in the high elevation.:thmbup:

I might go for it with my TL and throw it hard down the line. However, I have been known to throw my putter far because I know it will go straight. That way I can hit that gap.

This is a little out of my range but I played a hole similar to this last summer. and about 100' shorter. I used a champ Leopard low and skipped about 200' or so down which bounce up and hit the basket.

Think a safer shot now would be to throw my Core and planning on taking a 2nd shot.

For dead-straight tunnel shots i will use either a Star Mako or my ESP Stratus.
The other idea that I like is to use a putter and break it down into two or three shots and go for the par.

I use a different approach on tunnel shots. Normally, I will pull out my valkyrie and throw it about 70% power and hyzer flip it, but not let it flip all the way over. Also an advocate of throwing the buzz or putter.

350' par 4? Is it a straight line from tee to basket?

If so, DX/Pro Roc (would leave short) or DX Teebird (trying to park it). The key is enough snap on a lower line to keep them gliding to the ground, reducing or eliminating the fade.

Beautiful hole!

Last edited:
Probably my most beat Wizard or Roc from a standstill. Unless you're going for a 2, a 200'-250' shot should be all you really need for an easy 3.

Beat roc on a straight line or hyzer flip a stingray for the first shot, approach and putt with a wizard for 3.

I'll jump on the double putter throw for a 3 shot bandwagon. But if I was feeling good, I might hyzerflip a cheetah down the gut for an eagle

Putter for sure. If you don't get greedy, you should be able to lay up for birdie, or at least par. If I got greedy, I would hyzer flip my CE Valk and go for the eagle.