• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Age vs distance?

there's a local dude here in his seventies and he can hit the three hundred mark. So i guess just keep practicing and in twenty years you might get there.

Rather than strength training i'd say focus more on your range of motion and flexibility for major muscles hips and above. Then exercises for grip strength will benefit your distance a lot as well.

I did once play a round with a 60 year old guy who was throwing 500+ foot rollers. Crafty old guy.

I've pondered this myself. If as some would suggest you can't have too strong of a grip then what is "grip lock"? :confused:
Grip lock is generally form fail (pulling on a non-straight line, reach back at the wrong angle) rather than too much grip strength. Most beginners pull around their body - it really feels weird when you start pulling on a straight line.

OldBassMan is pushing 60 and can rip a sidewinder 300 ft. I know thats not too impressive but his disc are rarely more than 4 ft off the ground during the entire flight of the disc.

Latest posts