• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Albatross at The Gentlemen's Classic!

Chiefstang

Double Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Our local Colorado boy J.C. Kester recorded the second Albatross (2 on a par 5) in sanctioned PDGA history yesterday after throwing a 404' thumber ace earlier in the round. This is the first time both have been done in the same round.

This guy is always in the top three with Joe Rovere and Eagle McMahon locally and has the best thumber in the world, hitting over 500' regularly.

If someone wants to embed the video, that would be fantastic. Enjoy!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-i7dcWFumg&feature=youtu.be

I can throw a thumber 500'...if you give me two or three throws that is! The thought of tossing one that far hurts my shoulder. Wasn't this guy a centerfielder for the Mets last year? Incredible throw!!!

Wicked shot, but how is that a par 5? 4 out of the 13 people on live scoring got a 3 on it? :-/

Also, the world record for an upside down shot is 483'. He should definitely go break that record...

Here's a terrible screen grab of the hole.

NEbsGXCl.png

Our local Colorado boy J.C. Kester recorded the second Albatross (2 on a par 5) in sanctioned PDGA history yesterday after throwing a 404' thumber ace earlier in the round.

I am curious about your stats for 2nd albatross in history? With how poorly par is defined in many tournaments, I would be surprised if there weren't dozens of albatrosses in history. I know of one at Castle Hayne, NC (Harold Duvall designed course), where Rory Joyce 2'ed a par 5 in the Azalea tournament years ago.

I am curious about your stats for 2nd albatross in history? With how poorly par is defined in many tournaments, I would be surprised if there weren't dozens of albatrosses in history. I know of one at Castle Hayne, NC (Harold Duvall designed course), where Rory Joyce 2'ed a par 5 in the Azalea tournament years ago.

I believe Tim Skellinger got one at USDGC years ago too. The hole number escapes me right now, but I think it's now considered a par 4.

Jump into about 2:37 and watch what a baseball outfielder can do... then imagine him throwing a thumber.

And that shot was INCREDIBLE. I don't retire discs that I've aced with, but I think I'd probably frame that one.

I believe Tim Skellinger got one at USDGC years ago too. The hole number escapes me right now, but I think it's now considered a par 4.

#12. Throwing down from the coliseum. Fairway curves a little bit so most players throw their approach shots over OB. Realistically should have always been a 4 for the guys with 450' of power.

Latest posts