• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] All purpose disc

Ion all day. Drives superbly. Approaches beautifully. Putts....well that's it's main gig

I think the hardest thing on that list is Forehand.
So...the disc you want depends on how well you can FH, basically.

The worse you are at it, the fewer disc choices you have.

Speaking of an all purpose disc.. got me thinking about the Innova Spider which I know on the DX plastic it is touted as "multi-purpose". I haven't looked at other companies and I don't know whether or not they also have multi-purpose discs but I was just wondering if anyone knew what that was about?

Speaking of an all purpose disc.. got me thinking about the Innova Spider which I know on the DX plastic it is touted as "multi-purpose". I haven't looked at other companies and I don't know whether or not they also have multi-purpose discs but I was just wondering if anyone knew what that was about?

the older runs of the spider is stamped as multipurpose. same with shark, roc, ect. im not sure if others have anything simular to the spider. spider is a slightly smaller diameter mid disc.

the older runs of the spider is stamped as multipurpose. same with shark, roc, ect. im not sure if others have anything simular to the spider. spider is a slightly smaller diameter mid disc.

Ah ok so in a nutshell it's just a mid range.. I just didn't know if I was missing out on something lol.. thanks for clearing that up. :)

Ah ok so in a nutshell it's just a mid range.. I just didn't know if I was missing out on something lol.. thanks for clearing that up. :)

small diamater mid range with no glide. placement is made easy with it. was my short range utility disc. i think im going to have room in my bag this year with my new bag and its going back in there. it was actually one of the first out of 4 discs i ever bought. you can putt with it too if needed. i have it in a older hard dx plastic.ok im done humping on the spider.

tldr short range utility disc

Probably a CZ Buzzz or Star Leopard. I can work most lines with either disc if I really have to.

Roadrunner, Beast, Eagle-X, TeeBird, all drivers so that you can do OH Tomahawks with and everything else, otherwise I would suggest some mids.

Personally if I'm playing 3disc though it's a putter, mid (straight and neutral) and usually some driver with more stability and less utility characteristics, Bolt, Firebird, Volt, something beefier to cover the gap. My favourite utility disc is the Roadrunner though for it's workabilty at short range, If we're playing 2disc it's a RR and Anode.

The Champion Eagle is the workhorse for this task.

Why not a Roc?

Roadrunner, Beast, Eagle-X, TeeBird, all drivers so that you can do OH Tomahawks with and everything else, otherwise I would suggest some mids.

Personally if I'm playing 3disc though it's a putter, mid (straight and neutral) and usually some driver with more stability and less utility characteristics, Bolt, Firebird, Volt, something beefier to cover the gap. My favourite utility disc is the Roadrunner though for it's workabilty at short range, If we're playing 2disc it's a RR and Anode.

Why not a Surge?

Latest posts