• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] All Things FIREBIRD

"Found" . . .

wCkPc.jpg

(I forgot about the flat top videos, and I do have time off tomorrow...)

Just started throwing the flat top star from infinite discs recent stock and they fly very similarly to my 18 sexybird.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Been really throwing sexybird18, fd3 and 2 flat top star fb for fh practice a lot. It seems to be that i can get the stable flat fast flight on a line finishing right out to about 280' max. I heard Sexton once say 390' is his max and that is blowing my mind. I cant imagine getting any of these 4 discs much further without adding anny. They all fly very very similarly. Thoughts?

huh... that is disappointing. I was hoping for that sweet stiff 2012 plastic, there are 8 headed my way. Once i saw the close up picture on the website i was suspicious about only seeing the penned weight. I was kinda in my mind thinking they are prob just stock stamped Luster flat tops. I bought a pair of Luster Thunderbirds that where mega swirly and decently stiff. hoping its at least that run if not found 2012 stock.. shucks

huh... that is disappointing. I was hoping for that sweet stiff 2012 plastic, there are 8 headed my way. Once i saw the close up picture on the website i was suspicious about only seeing the penned weight. I was kinda in my mind thinking they are prob just stock stamped Luster flat tops. I bought a pair of Luster Thunderbirds that where mega swirly and decently stiff. hoping its at least that run if not found 2012 stock.. shucks

It's weird because the "pearl" streaks look exactly the same as the 2012 run, and the profile and parting line heights are identical as well. Maybe some experiment they ran to get close to the old ones. Idk.

It's weird because the "pearl" streaks look exactly the same as the 2012 run, and the profile and parting line heights are identical as well. Maybe some experiment they ran to get close to the old ones. Idk.

How is the stiffness on them? how does it compare to regular stock champ? either way I am excited to see how they fly. have you gotten them out to the course yet?

How is the stiffness on them? how does it compare to regular stock champ? either way I am excited to see how they fly. have you gotten them out to the course yet?

They are pretty up the middle in stiffness. Less than the Gibson Luster Leopards and some Jolly Launcher, more than my new C-PDs. I am actually going to amend my previous statement about the pearl. They look closer to a Luster blend like you thought, more milky and less flashy.

Been really throwing sexybird18, fd3 and 2 flat top star fb for fh practice a lot. It seems to be that i can get the stable flat fast flight on a line finishing right out to about 280' max. I heard Sexton once say 390' is his max and that is blowing my mind. I cant imagine getting any of these 4 discs much further without adding anny. They all fly very very similarly. Thoughts?

Yes he throws much further than you, but keep in mind that is probably with his most beat firebird that can turn some.

I picked up a factory second marked *FB but I believe it is actually Luster. It is a flat top that feels nice and firm, fantastic grip.

I got one of those Shimmer Destroyers and really would like to get a Shimmer FB, the feel really good and should mold up fairly flat.

I have two questions.
1. Where are all the factory seconds of the sexton runs going? (I stalk dgu and proshop seconds almost daily...did i miss them?)
2. Are flat top firebirds essentially a firebird with the 3 top?

Thanks!

I think flat top Firebirds have the same top but go through a secret flattening process at the factory.

They come out of the same box as the regular stock stamped firebirds but get flattened. Any color glow 2nd runs are the same disc as the sextons as well, they also come out of the same box..

How do Firebirds season?
I got one bright pink luster that feels great and is pretty OS but not unthrowable like my glow C like FD3 or my flat AF fireball.

I also have a shimmer one I bought cause it was mislabeled a Starfire. It's maybe a tick less OS, hoping maybe with time it could season into a straight to fade workhorse.

The luster one has a noticeable concavity to the upper wing while the shimmer one doesn't at all. Grip on both of them is great.

Latest posts