• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Allentown / Harrisburg / York

The first review about Paw Paw is the directions suck...great course, Gabby is really nice, but the directions on this site (and another site were the same too) were off. When you get off the state route you go back into the hills for about 6 miles on a rural road that is wider than one lane but not 2 lanes. I just happened to come across Paw Paw just when I was about to give up looking for it.

Can you or have you updated the direction on this site?

I can not with good faith give accurate directions...there was a lot of luck that I stumbled across it. Maybe a regular of Paw can update them...for one thing I can say for sure...Route 9 to Detour Road is incorrect...the road name has been changed to Magnolia.

What I remember is this...

Route 9 to Magnolia (formerly Detour)

Go about 4.5 miles and you come to a 3 way intersection...vere to the left...DO NOT turn right onto Detour.

Go about 2 miles and turn right on Gaither...if you miss Gaither then in about 200 yards you will go under a railroad tracks and the road will go from paved to gravel...you know you have gone too far if you go under this railroad track / bridge...turn around and make the left on Gaither.

Go about 1.5 to 2 miles and the farm is on your left. You will start to see DG baskets on your left before you see the clearly marked Paw Paw barn.

So I have spring break in 2 weeks and Im planning to take a day up to Allentown/Bethlehem for some DGing. I definitely want to play Jordan and Parkway. I was thinking of playing South Mountain and possibly Upper Macungie Park. I know that Parkway can be difficult to navigate so Im planning on taking a map ... but I was wondering how South Mountain and Upper Macungie were. Ive read the reviews so I have a general idea of them but I was wondering if anyone had any other thoughts on these courses.

Also has anyone heard if the new back 9 baskets have been installed at Alexandria Twshp park in Milford, NJ??

Yea I have played Jordan Creek lately. It is great, conditions are prime. But make sure you get a map, the back 9 is a little wacky.

time for another roadtrip to Lehigh Valley / SE PA... As of April 25th, Nockamixon has returned to 18 holes!!!!

I was under the impression that they just got permission. I'm not sure what the holes were like, as I just played Nocky for the first time about 6 weeks ago, but I would think there needs to be some cleanup of the fairways and installation of baskets before everything's set for play.

all the baskets are in... they do need to be renumbered and resorted. some fairway cleanup is needed. but we did play all 18 @ sunday's LVDC ammo tournament.

Why don't De Sales or Weir's (sp?) Mill get any love??

They are both very nice 18 holers each ~10 min away from A-Town

Why don't De Sales or Weir's (sp?) Mill get any love??

They are both very nice 18 holers each ~10 min away from A-Town

Because the land available for each course did not allow a very good design. John Houck or Chuck Kennedy couldn't have made very good courses there.

I think Desales and Wehrs are average courses...both have some fun and interesting holes but they just do not have the overall amazing factor of the other LV courses....land is too restrisctive...holes too short, too cramped etc. Not bad courses but just not destination type places to play...good for locals I think but not worth traveling to

The Desales course plays on a college campus. And not just on land owned by the college, but LITERALLY RIGHT THROUGH THE HEART OF CAMPUS. Next to dorms. Next to academic buildings. Near pathways where hundreds of people walk each day, and where errant throws can easily fly into.

Wehr's Dam plays far too close to athletic fields & walking paths, and is too short and too cramped.

I have found that there is very rarely anyone walking around De Sales campus, and if they are, waiting ten seconds will take care of it. Although the course does go through campus, the holes are very long and space is plentiful to allow for errant throws. Hitting anything other than the ground, a tree, or (preferably) a basket should not be an issue.

This is even more true after the somewhat recent redesign of the course, with 4-5 holes up in the woods behind the theater.

You should give it a try again next time you're looking for a quick 18 while still testing your drive distance.

Wehr's Dam the same, but De Sales is definitely the better of the two. If I was an out-of-towner going to be in the area, De Sales would be third on my list after Lehigh and Jordan Creek parkways.

Playing what is left of Muhlenberg the last four years gives me a bit of a different context for my evaluation I suppose!

I'd be curious to know what you think of South Mountain and Hickory Run...I personally think they are more cramped than either Wehr's Dam or De Sales.

Meh i just saw this now. My friends and i recently got into disc golf last year and we're expanding our horizons to other courses. We have taken two trips so far. One to northern NJ/warwick and one to the allentown area.

We have 2 more trips planned out for the allentown area. The first trip we played Hackett's Park, Jordan Creek, and Wehr's Dam.

The other two trips dont have any dates yet except that their going to be generally some time over the summer. But tell me what you guys think of this order we have planned

Trip 2: Tinicum Park, Nockamixon Park, and Unami Creek (not quite allentown but kinda close!)

Trip 3: South Moutain, Little Lehigh, and Desales.

Trip 2: Tinicum Park, Nockamixon Park, and Unami Creek (not quite allentown but kinda close!)

Trip 3: South Moutain, Little Lehigh, and Desales.

Let me know when you do this. If I am around I'll come join you.

Latest posts