• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Alpha - Power Fairway

Just got a 2nd run blue sublime. Flattest one I've come across. Pretty dumpy. I gotta say I have 5 different alphas; none of them fly even close to the same way. Candy pink and blue sublime may be the closest.

I picked up a 2nd run Blue Sublime while in Houston for work, I initially was frustrated because I was reading all about how its a power driver and I kept flipping it over. after getting back to MN I had alot of time to build my bag and I decided instead of treating the Alpha as a OS driver to treat it as a straight to US flyer and have it go head to head against my FD and Leo3. it quickly knocked out the FD and has been paying dividends as a straight flyer.

I was out this weekend at Blue Ribbon Pines on the infamous Hole 4 (444', Pine trees on both sides the hole length of the fairway) Piped my Alpha straight down the center almost 3/4th of the way, made for a easy upshot almost a run at Eagle and drop in 3 my best score on that hole ever. And last night at Kaposia had alot of tunnel shots and I was trusting the Alpha to fly straight and true and minimize fading out and getting into trouble.

Now I'm reading the 2nd runs (especially the blue sublime) was a bit of an anomaly and I can't find any to get a backup for, hope lighting strikes twice on the next run or I stumble across one.

Now I'm reading the 2nd runs (especially the blue sublime) was a bit of an anomaly and I can't find any to get a backup for, hope lighting strikes twice on the next run or I stumble across one.

The ripple blue Remix Sports Ronin on Amazon is very similar to the 2nd run blue sublimes. It is not PDGA approved though.

I picked up a 2nd run Blue Sublime while in Houston for work, I initially was frustrated because I was reading all about how its a power driver and I kept flipping it over. after getting back to MN I had alot of time to build my bag and I decided instead of treating the Alpha as a OS driver to treat it as a straight to US flyer and have it go head to head against my FD and Leo3. it quickly knocked out the FD and has been paying dividends as a straight flyer.

I was out this weekend at Blue Ribbon Pines on the infamous Hole 4 (444', Pine trees on both sides the hole length of the fairway) Piped my Alpha straight down the center almost 3/4th of the way, made for a easy upshot almost a run at Eagle and drop in 3 my best score on that hole ever. And last night at Kaposia had alot of tunnel shots and I was trusting the Alpha to fly straight and true and minimize fading out and getting into trouble.

Who dis?

haha kidding, I live in St Paul and Play BRP and Kaposia pretty often - more-so Bethel lately, now Elm and Bryant are open so theres that. I've really wanted to try an Alpha but my Teebird3 is pretty much a lock - so was curious of the straighter ones - I also hope for another anomaly like that - keep me posted!

If you can't come into a blue sublime, you may enjoy the purple Apex as a substitute. Also quite understable once beaten in, sort of like a TL.

Is there an estimate on when the stock stamped 3rd run eternals and apexes will be available? I'm thinking of cutting down on the bag and am guessing that these could replace both Teebirds and PDs.

Likewise, would love to hear what the word is on the next stock run of these, been throwing a pair of the stiff 2nd run Apex yellows (which I love) and would love to pick up a couple more in a more stable/understable plastic and/or color.

Took on the famous idle wild today. Spent most of the day teeing with my 2nd run eternal pearly green, or apex yellow. Can't begin to even state the confidence these provide. Truly a stroke saver

Look, I get the appeal of one mold that flies differently off the shelf. It sounds like the producers of this disc are committed to fostering a consistent way to track flight similarities what with the run #s and the spreadsheet and all. But unless they have figured out how to manipulate the molding variables and are willing to consistently release discs that cover the spectrum, bagging Alphas sounds like a headache akin to tracking down one's favorite run of Destroyer. No thanks!

Look, I get the appeal of one mold that flies differently off the shelf. It sounds like the producers of this disc are committed to fostering a consistent way to track flight similarities what with the run #s and the spreadsheet and all. But unless they have figured out how to manipulate the molding variables and are willing to consistently release discs that cover the spectrum, bagging Alphas sounds like a headache akin to tracking down one's favorite run of Destroyer. No thanks!

I have a star plastic looking purple one i bought earlier on. My buddy has a TI looking silver one with an edgy stamp. Cannot believe the difference in flight. Mine flies like a little more stable FD. his is like a teebird OS. couldnt believe it. only other power fairway ive seen in the wild.

I have a star plastic looking purple one i bought earlier on. My buddy has a TI looking silver one with an edgy stamp. Cannot believe the difference in flight. Mine flies like a little more stable FD. his is like a teebird OS. couldnt believe it. only other power fairway ive seen in the wild.

And that's actually totally cool. It just seems like this thread is full of people frustrated they can't nail down and locate an Alpha that flies like they want, or that flies like that one magical Alpha they lost. Consistent availability would be key here. I get that being a boutique manufacturer means maybe they don't have complete control over production (from MVP, yes??) but they had better get it figured out.

On the other hand, maybe this is secretly exactly what they wanted; creating a Destroyer-like cult around a disc that drives people to sort of put certain runs on a pedestal. This way they can say "oh this upcoming run of yellow eternals, man, they are slated to fly just like that one run you fell in love with" and squeeze some extra cash out of the scarcity.

And that's actually totally cool. It just seems like this thread is full of people frustrated they can't nail down and locate an Alpha that flies like they want, or that flies like that one magical Alpha they lost. Consistent availability would be key here. I get that being a boutique manufacturer means maybe they don't have complete control over production (from MVP, yes??) but they had better get it figured out.

On the other hand, maybe this is secretly exactly what they wanted; creating a Destroyer-like cult around a disc that drives people to sort of put certain runs on a pedestal. This way they can say "oh this upcoming run of yellow eternals, man, they are slated to fly just like that one run you fell in love with" and squeeze some extra cash out of the scarcity.

I love the purple one that i have if anyone knows what run it is.

I love the purple one that i have if anyone knows what run it is.

If you look on the stamp, you will see #AP-AL02-17. This means it is an Apex plastic Alpha from production run #02 which was in 2017.

I like the purple ones too. :D

This. As much as I love my Alphas, I'm starting to realize that A. third run Eternals are never coming out, B. it's never going to be an easy disc to get even in the secondary market, and C. the ones you do find people want like $35 for.

My blue 2nd run Eternal flies like an absolute dream and I trust that disc so much, but i'm starting to get curious about other options like PDs, Vultures, etc because I don't want to be afraid to pull out my favorite driver for a risky shot because if I lose it then that's it.

Anyone tried to heat up a first run eternal and reduce the dome? Wondering if i can replicate my 2nd run eternal pearl.

This. As much as I love my Alphas, I'm starting to realize that A. third run Eternals are never coming out, B. it's never going to be an easy disc to get even in the secondary market, and C. the ones you do find people want like $35 for.

My blue 2nd run Eternal flies like an absolute dream and I trust that disc so much, but i'm starting to get curious about other options like PDs, Vultures, etc because I don't want to be afraid to pull out my favorite driver for a risky shot because if I lose it then that's it.

I posted this on our MINT Facebook Fan Page yesterday.

I think I can safely say all plastics of the Alpha will get restocked with a new run soon. No official ETA yet though. Maybe some other new stuff too 😜.

There's a variety of reasons it's taken so long to get the next round out. We should of projected higher volume last year. Really didn't expect it to be such a beloved disc. Can't thank everyone enough for believing in us!

To go into more detail, it just flat out sold significantly better than expected. There have been some production delays as well but normally the customer never hears about that stuff. It is just part of the game any company plays. If we had more molds available customers wouldn't know we were out of stock or having delays. When I worked at Disc Nation it was pretty common for the smaller brands to be continually out of stock on their top sellers. Its a good sign for us that the product/brand is good, but sucks when our customers can't get a readily available and affordable product. I like that our discs have a good secondary market value, but I also know that can turn off a lot of players. I don't collect discs, so you'd never catch me paying that much even for my own mold.

Having worked at DN for years, I had enough experience to know what we did in the first year is pretty rare for a 1-disc brand. I think we out sold entire brands at some stores with just 1 disc. We set our expectations too low and just didn't produce enough. As I posted on Facebook - Run 3 of Eternal and Apex are getting pretty close. Sublime will get a 4th run. Plus a new plastic for the Alpha and then we have other projects coming down the pipe in the next 6-12 months. Its not something we can rush unfortunately but we want to improve our turnaround times. Hope that helps fill people in on what MINT has been up to. :)

I posted this on our MINT Facebook Fan Page yesterday.

To go into more detail, it just flat out sold significantly better than expected. There have been some production delays as well but normally the customer never hears about that stuff. It is just part of the game any company plays. If we had more molds available customers wouldn't know we were out of stock or having delays. When I worked at Disc Nation it was pretty common for the smaller brands to be continually out of stock on their top sellers. Its a good sign for us that the product/brand is good, but sucks when our customers can't get a readily available and affordable product. I like that our discs have a good secondary market value, but I also know that can turn off a lot of players. I don't collect discs, so you'd never catch me paying that much even for my own mold.

Having worked at DN for years, I had enough experience to know what we did in the first year is pretty rare for a 1-disc brand. I think we out sold entire brands at some stores with just 1 disc. We set our expectations too low and just didn't produce enough. As I posted on Facebook - Run 3 of Eternal and Apex are getting pretty close. Sublime will get a 4th run. Plus a new plastic for the Alpha and then we have other projects coming down the pipe in the next 6-12 months. Its not something we can rush unfortunately but we want to improve our turnaround times. Hope that helps fill people in on what MINT has been up to. :)

I really appreciate your response. You guys are really engaged to your customer base.

I'm really hoping for some more eternal Alphas that are the soft plastic and stable but not too much so. The 2nd run blue eternal is the bomb!

I'm really hoping for some more eternal Alphas that are the soft plastic and stable but not too much so. The 2nd run blue eternal is the bomb!

I consider the 2nd run Eternal discs to be stiffer than the 1st run Eternals.

And, I consider the 2nd runs to be superior to the 1st runs in every way. They look better, and fly better. Just my opinion. Probably, lots of others agree with me, since some 1st run Eternals can still be gotten online, whereas the 2nd run Eternals sold out quickly.