• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Alpha - Power Fairway

2nd run glows are pretty neutral and easier to work, they are another slept on run that people arent paying attention to. if you dont mind the dome , theyre good flyers. purple flaked eternal 4th runs are also very nice and similar in flight if you can find them but i dont think they were too common. i haven't dabbled in some colors still but i have heard some sublimes being less stable out of the box like you are asking for.

Curious and snooping around Mint stuff after an enjoyable experience thus far with Profits.
Is there a chart for the most recent runs of Alphas? Specifically heavy orange 3rd run Apex's, light 3rd run pink Eternals, and any of the 4th runs? Would be awesome to pick up a straight to fade and a straight/little turn-happy alpha.

mint was trying to keep up with charts and the last few they did were more of a chart for PLH to show some variances that people may have reported within the runs. the 2nd run has the most variances bc that was basically a "trial" run to see what could be done with certain blends.

i can tell you the heavy orange 3rd run apex are straight to fade and glide forward plenty, 3rd run apex's are a favorite of mine and lots of others if you dont mind dome. the 3rd run pink eternals are about the same but maybe a tick more hss but not much. the 4th run eternals are all about the same as far as the straight to fade flight goes without turning much for most players unless you are a power thrower.

id say your best bet for the straight to little turn alpha is going to be the 2nd run (open jar) nocturnals, 3rd run purple apex and 4th run purple metal flake eternals. keep in mind though, the flight characteristics of the alpha represent the straight to fade flight path, not many are understable but they do exist, its just not entirely too common. i would recommend finding an alpha you have and know how it flies and then compare PLH to others in store if you can. otherwise 2nd run nocturnals are your best bet for least stable of this run that you can purchase online.

there are earlier runs that are straight to understable out of the box but theyll cost you if you have to search online. specifically the 2nd run sublimes, 2nd run pearly green eternal, 2nd run pearly pink eternal, 2nd run purple apex.

if you have any more questions, feel free to pm me or ill respond when i can on here :D thanks for supporting mint.

ps ive included the charts that can be found on the mint discs website under news/blogs. nothing new has been updated atm for the most recent runs but these should cover the 3rd runs.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-10-30 graph-all-runs-comp22_dc657b79-7748-4412-a9b3-d18888d3a348 jpg (WEBP Image.png
    Screenshot_2019-10-30 graph-all-runs-comp22_dc657b79-7748-4412-a9b3-d18888d3a348 jpg (WEBP Image.png
    93.4 KB · Views: 88
  • Screenshot_2019-10-30 graph-eternal-final_31872ad8-e04e-4be7-9e2a-9c05ddbba0de jpg (WEBP Image, .png
    Screenshot_2019-10-30 graph-eternal-final_31872ad8-e04e-4be7-9e2a-9c05ddbba0de jpg (WEBP Image, .png
    87.5 KB · Views: 74
  • Screenshot_2019-10-30 graph-APEX-final_a5bbc118-4722-472e-b14b-fec3f6f605a8 jpg (WEBP Image, 331.png
    Screenshot_2019-10-30 graph-APEX-final_a5bbc118-4722-472e-b14b-fec3f6f605a8 jpg (WEBP Image, 331.png
    82.3 KB · Views: 76
mint was trying to keep up with charts and the last few they did were more of a chart for PLH to show some variances that people may have reported within the runs. the 2nd run has the most variances bc that was basically a "trial" run to see what could be done with certain blends.

i can tell you the heavy orange 3rd run apex are straight to fade and glide forward plenty, 3rd run apex's are a favorite of mine and lots of others if you dont mind dome. the 3rd run pink eternals are about the same but maybe a tick more hss but not much. the 4th run eternals are all about the same as far as the straight to fade flight goes without turning much for most players unless you are a power thrower.

id say your best bet for the straight to little turn alpha is going to be the 2nd run (open jar) nocturnals, 3rd run purple apex and 4th run purple metal flake eternals. keep in mind though, the flight characteristics of the alpha represent the straight to fade flight path, not many are understable but they do exist, its just not entirely too common. i would recommend finding an alpha you have and know how it flies and then compare PLH to others in store if you can. otherwise 2nd run nocturnals are your best bet for least stable of this run that you can purchase online.

there are earlier runs that are straight to understable out of the box but theyll cost you if you have to search online. specifically the 2nd run sublimes, 2nd run pearly green eternal, 2nd run pearly pink eternal, 2nd run purple apex.

if you have any more questions, feel free to pm me or ill respond when i can on here :D thanks for supporting mint.

ps ive included the charts that can be found on the mint discs website under news/blogs. nothing new has been updated atm for the most recent runs but these should cover the 3rd runs.

You are the man.
I'm assuming that the more left it is the lower the PLH? May pick up some orange apex's and see if I can cover them like my Volts. If they were a touch more stable I could cover any shot headwind to turnover-but they come with a hair too much turn so I may try my hand at seeing how beat I can get an alpha and may boot out the Volts. Right now I'm only bagging three molds plus utility-profits, Gilas, and Volts-and I get my Volts out to 400 consistently 450+ on a good rip or light downhill. but I feel I could roll profit-bobcat-alpha and be just as good, just experimenting with ye ole bag.

np man. in the pics, yes, the further left colors are the least stable . when comparing plh in person, use a disc you know and compare nose to nose , it has to be the same mold though. if its higher, its more OS, if the nose is lower, its less stable. of course, dome can come in to play but it still gives you an idea on what to expect.

the 3rd run apex's can handle some wind and flex out but still have fade to finish left or at least fight out of a turn. ive gotten some alphas beat into hyzer flip to turn over , it just takes time in the eternal plastic. apex can beat in fast depending what kind of terrain you play on.

a light weight bobcat is what i recommend, closest to 170 if you can find them. theyre straighter for a bit longer than the heavier ones and will still fight wind just fine. i used to throw gilas and while the gila has more glide than the premium bobcats, they can still be replaced by bobcats. i prefer the lack of bead over a bead if i have the choice.

np man. in the pics, yes, the further left colors are the least stable . when comparing plh in person, use a disc you know and compare nose to nose , it has to be the same mold though. if its higher, its more OS, if the nose is lower, its less stable. of course, dome can come in to play but it still gives you an idea on what to expect.

the 3rd run apex's can handle some wind and flex out but still have fade to finish left or at least fight out of a turn. ive gotten some alphas beat into hyzer flip to turn over , it just takes time in the eternal plastic. apex can beat in fast depending what kind of terrain you play on.

a light weight bobcat is what i recommend, closest to 170 if you can find them. theyre straighter for a bit longer than the heavier ones and will still fight wind just fine. i used to throw gilas and while the gila has more glide than the premium bobcats, they can still be replaced by bobcats. i prefer the lack of bead over a bead if i have the choice.

Just got a 2nd run nocturnal in the mail. Do they all have extreme dome on them?

Any word on a new run?

Was there a required retool?

Any chance of the next run being more similar to the 2nd run. Specifically less cereal bowl like dome?

big daddy is back... coming soon to your favorite retailer, follow us on facebook for all updates etc

Attachments

• 246372587_2966496906900222_2314987763775134987_n.jpg
    246372587_2966496906900222_2314987763775134987_n.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 44
"The Alpha is back and its hungry!"

For those out of the loop Mint's neighbor caught on fire a couple of weeks ago and it destroyed a good portion of Mint's building and inventory. It looks like they have cleaned up and are having a fire sale tomorrow night. Thursday 11/11 @ 7 CST.

The new run of Alphas will be available in the sale for 20% off! I think I'll pick up a couple regulars and a Halloween. I don't really NEED them, but how can I turn down new Mint... :hfive:

This is Booter's review of them from Facebook: (hopefully he doesn't mind my copypasta)

figured id toss out a small review of the latest run of Apex alpha. ive only tossed mine about a dozen times each in different directions of wind so keep that in mind and that i am about 500 above sea level so your results may vary.

i recently received 2 168g and 2 174 apex alphas to test out and throw around. while i am not surprised at the results, i am definitely a fan of the 4th run apex! of my 4, 3 were flat and felt just like the recent run of apex longhorns , grippy , slightly soft but i wouldnt say gummy, definitely the perfect firmness imo. only 1 of them had a small rise in dome, probably moderate but definitely not pop top like the 3rd run apex, it was a minor difference. if you're around central tx today its pretty damn windy, talking 22mph avg with 37mpg gusts! i know a lot of players are getting worked today but it is texas lol

out of the gate, these reminded me of the first run eternal blue and orange alphas i cherished so much and threw for a long time.i suppose another comparison could be similar to the orange 2nd run apex that were flat as well.

i did notice a tick more LSS in flight but it was minor and didnt really take away from the traditional flight that im used to seeing in the alpha. in a left to right wind, the alpha flew straight and drifted right maybe 20' off my initial line but it held firm and stabled out nicely. into a head wind it penetrated through the wind like butter but still flying on its intended path and hyzering out the last part of the flight as i expected.

with no pop topped dome there's less drag and more speed to allow the alphas to cut through the wind effortlessly while still penetrating forward. thrown with a forced anhyzer flex, the alphas still flattened out and finished left like i anticipated. these are not beefy like 3rd run sublime werewolves but they are true to the alpha flight in the first run eternals (which i refer to as the epitome of what the alpha is)

ive never really thrown the alpha on fh shots because im not to confident in that shot but these felt right at home. im guessing its the low profile and knowing the stability of them that seemed to help me be confident in the shot. i didnt have 1 turn over from getting over on it, i actually had some nice flat shots that flew jus the same as a back hand, straight with fade.

between the 2 weight differences and one being a little more domey, the light weights and heavies flew pretty much the same only the light weights took less effort. the one with a little more dome seems to be a tiny bit more hss but im still figuring them out and hopefully more good results on the course.

soon ill bring out some other alphas i have and compare but from what ive seen so far, im really digging the feel and flight of these new apex. admittingly i was a little bit concerned how different the retool might be but these have removed all doubt i may have had.

the alpha is back and its hungry!

Attachments

• sale.jpg
    sale.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 36
thanks dude, i appreciate it! i dont get on here much since traffic is very low but i was just about to post about the fire sale.

Attachments

• 251408558_2982059328677313_7750419748360573951_n.jpg
    251408558_2982059328677313_7750419748360573951_n.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 29
Picked up a heavy yellow Eternal that I'm hoping will bridge the gap between my Firebird and Undertaker. Excited to finally get to try an Alpha!

Picked up a heavy yellow Eternal that I'm hoping will bridge the gap between my Firebird and Undertaker. Excited to finally get to try an Alpha!

I just threw one today...I'm pretty sure it's exactly what you're looking for

I have been trying to buy an Alpha for the past year & FINALLY they are available. Gonna stink, from the fire, but I figure I will do a scented shaving cream dye job to help cover it up.

Really looking forward to chucking my 168g & 173g purple Apex soon. :clap:

yeah the smell was barely there and mostly when you put your nose up to it, i didnt think it would last long. the hats and some shirts had a more stronger smell but it wasnt unbearable because people still bought merch lol

Does anyone else think that this year's Alphas may have a new mold?

All the Alphas that I have purchased in the past had a line on the underside of the wing that I could feel if I ran my finger along the underside of the wing. I always thought this was because the discs are produced by MVP Disc Sports, which of course produces discs with overmold tech. On a MVP disc one can feel where the black outer edge of the disc meets with the inner disc material. The line on an Alpha seemed to be just where the two different materials on a MVP disc meet.

But, this years Alphas seem to lack this line under the wing. And, the tooling on the underside of this years' Alphas is different than previous years.

Latest posts