• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Alternative for Super Beat Roc

If you like old innova plastic then go buy an old beat-in Roc. You know what you want, why even post here?

I have been doing this for probably 4 months now and I have not found one yet that was beat up enough. I love big birds, Stable midrange, and old ontarios and have been buying them but nothing has been beat enough for me. I know that I'm probably going to have to start to beat another roc but was looking to see if there was someone that has been in my place and then found something else that was this but right out of the box

As a fellow Innova/Millennium/now Discmania thrower, I recommend the Champion Coyote; plus, they aren't difficult to come by. I'm sure you can find a moderately worn one easily (and cheap) by posting a wanted thread in the Marketplace. If you think it would be too under-stable, comparable to your lost Roc, then maybe a flat-top glow Coyote would suffice. I throw Rocs and Coyotes, favoring the Coyote over my really beat in Roc for that really under-stable glide.

As a fellow Innova/Millennium/now Discmania thrower, I recommend the Champion Coyote; plus, they aren't difficult to come by. I'm sure you can find a moderately worn one easily (and cheap) by posting a wanted thread in the Marketplace. If you think it would be too under-stable, comparable to your lost Roc, then maybe a flat-top glow Coyote would suffice. I throw Rocs and Coyotes, favoring the Coyote over my really beat in Roc for that really under-stable glide.

Boom thank you, this is the kind of input that I'm really looking for

Maybe lat 64 fuse?

I hate innova midranges so I can't really offer any suggestions from said company.

not right out of the box, but what is wrong with DX?

I love dx but what I have found with my super beat rocs that they will really get to a certain point and then stop breaking in and stay at a pretty darn understable level that is awesome. What I'm worried about is me getting a dx cobra or something and it being awesome right out of the box but then it would break in and just be way way way to understable, which is kind of why I would like to go with a champion plastic

Why is everyone so offended by his brand loyalty???

Shark or stingray, but in champ itll take years to beat so...

Coyote is more stable than a Mako.. and neither are really the turnover disc he's looking for. you can turn them over but their both much better at annies.

try a PMD2 if you don't mind the pro plastic, they'll beat in pretty quickly to what you want. or just get a star stingray and it'll start out where you want it. others to think about would be element or possibly a wedge.

another option if you don't want to wait for break in period for your dx rocs you can always make a wanted thread in the market place.

Despite your inclination to throw only Innova, unless you just throw another beat Roc, I really think this is your best option. A lot of people ask if I'm throwing a beat Roc when I throw my Meteor. They're not nose angle sensitive, won't stall out on distance lines and will hold a turn on super long hyzer flips and rollers. They'll actually keep drifting right as they're descending and slowing down, which is what the Buzzz and a lot of other mids aren't good at, but what beat Rocs (and Meteors) are awesome for.

They're a little shallower than a Roc in grip, but they're a lot more similar than a Stingray or Cobra, which both have those tiny little rims, and which are really Innova's only close competition in terms of understable wide diameter glidey mids. A Champ Coyote won't be very similar to a thrashed Roc unless it too is also very beat, which also takes years and years to achieve....

Despite your inclination to throw only Innova, unless you just throw another beat Roc, I really think this is your best option. A lot of people ask if I'm throwing a beat Roc when I throw my Meteor. They're not nose angle sensitive, won't stall out on distance lines and will hold a turn on super long hyzer flips and rollers. They'll actually keep drifting right as they're descending and slowing down, which is what the Buzzz and a lot of other mids aren't good at, but what beat Rocs (and Meteors) are awesome for.

They're a little shallower than a Roc in grip, but they're a lot more similar than a Stingray or Cobra, which both have those tiny little rims, and which are really Innova's only close competition in terms of understable wide diameter glidey mids. A Champ Coyote won't be very similar to a thrashed Roc unless it too is also very beat, which also takes years and years to achieve....

Its funny because a lot of my good friends throw their meteors for this shot and is something that I have debated going to but I just can't stand esp plastic, and I know that they now come in crystal plastic but I'm really not a fan of that either.