• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Alternative for Super Beat Roc

Honestly I think you should try it. Just like with Star there are many blends of ESP. Some are slick, some are tacky, some are stiff, some or more flexible. Make a thread here asking for whichever type of star/esp you like and try it out.

That or just throw a Panther. What don't you like about the small dia? The feel? I found a few champ panthers over the years and they are a really nice turnover disc. I'm throwing a fuse for my "understable" mid right now but honestly it starts out pretty straight if you're not OATing it. A lot of the discs in this thread are way too straight for what you're asking...comet, shark, axis etc. Buzz isn't even close...even Buzz SS is too stable for a dedicated turnover mid IMO.

That or just throw a Panther. What don't you like about the small dia? The feel? I found a few champ panthers over the years and they are a really nice turnover disc. I'm throwing a fuse for my "understable" mid right now but honestly it starts out pretty straight if you're not OATing it. A lot of the discs in this thread are way too straight for what you're asking...comet, shark, axis etc. Buzz isn't even close...even Buzz SS is too stable for a dedicated turnover mid IMO.

I agree with those discs being way too stable for what I'm looking for, and for the small diameter discs to me they just don't have enough glide. I used to throw cro's and loved them til I found the roc. I have a dx cro that is beat and would fill this spot but when I have to use this disc for this shot I debate if I'm throwing the right disc because it would act like a beat roc would (obviously) but they just don't glide enough for me.

You can find. Flat star makos. But as was already said. Not quite understable.

One more vote for a Champ Coyote. They start out really straight, but it only takes a few good whacks and they start to be a really good long turnover disc. Mine phased out of the bag as soon as I got my Roc to where it needed to be, but as a go-between until you get your Rocs super-flippy, Coyotes do the job admirably.

If you are willing to try dga, get a sp squall. They feel like a leopard and a meteor got married and had a baby

I don't think you will be happy with star stingray. I can get a dx stingray to turn over and finish right, but the star is way more stable. It takes a lot more effort to turn it over and it fades back every time. Also, the glide is poo for some reason. I can throw my putter farther.

I have an echo star stingray, 175g. Im just about to play a round at Saukville, but I can meet you at oak creek later if you wanna try it out. I have a glow champ cobra, 180 too.

I have an echo star stingray, 175g. Im just about to play a round at Saukville, but I can meet you at oak creek later if you wanna try it out. I have a glow champ cobra, 180 too.

When would you be thinking for oak creek

I throw beat DX Ranchos for my understable duties. I bought a 177 Opto Fuse a few months ago and it can do everything my Rocs do. However I don't find it to be as consistent as my beat Rocs.

Alright so Ive had my two most beat to hell dx rocs break and I am looking for a large diameter midrange in a champ plastic. Was thinking of a champ cobra or a champ stingray. Basically Im looking for something that will flip and hold and won't come back when put on a distance line.

Mako isn't under stable enough and is way too domey.

No Discraft

So large diameter, Champ plastic, less stable than Mako, non-Discraft.

Champ Cobra, Champ Stingray, QMS, Opto Fuse, or Evo Element are the only options I can think of. I believe the Coyote is more stable than the Mako, and the ones I've seen have been domey.

Oh, yeah. If you think the mako is too domey, wait til you get a load of the stingray. Also, the mako is almost a clone of the coyote.

If you want something quite understable out of the box that really feels a lot like a roc, then wolf. But I don't think they come in premium plastic.

Yea I don't think the wolf comes in premium plastic but that would be awesome

I havent thrown one but maybe a Lycan? but yeah im with others on Coyote,Stingray,Cobra,Mako, etc. .. but my real real answer would of course be a comet.. even more so since you like rocs

Yea I don't think the wolf comes in premium plastic but that would be awesome

Doubtful. If none of the options (Stingray, Cobra, Meteor, Stratus, Panther, Fuse, Comet, etc.) are good enough for you, a Champ Wolf probably wouldn't be the one to finally cross that line. I imagine you'll just end up with another beat Roc. Plenty of 5/10 10x Rocs and regular DX Ranchos out there...

Latest posts