• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Alternative for Super Beat Roc

Stratus will turn and never come back but your an idiot and have some weird infatuation or romance with innova.

Alright so I got out today and got to throw a champ cobra and a star cobra and they were both too stable. I think Im just going to have to work on beating in a new roc.

Start a wanted thread with precise specifics in the Marketplace. Someone will have what you're looking to replace!

You can also try Disc Golf Museum. Just call Mike and tell him what you want.

This thread inspired me to pull my old panther out and give it a throw. That thing is SO going back in the bag! :)

I remember it came in my very first starter pack so many years ago, and it was my favorite of the 3 discs in the pack, but I could never figure out what happened to it. Came across it a couple of months ago while browsing the hundreds of discs I have lying around and took note of it. So glad I did!

You can also try Disc Golf Museum. Just call Mike and tell him what you want.

This thread inspired me to pull my old panther out and give it a throw. That thing is SO going back in the bag! :)

I remember it came in my very first starter pack so many years ago, and it was my favorite of the 3 discs in the pack, but I could never figure out what happened to it. Came across it a couple of months ago while browsing the hundreds of discs I have lying around and took note of it. So glad I did!

Never knew this site existed, and all I have to say is its awesome

i have been in your shoes and i kniow exactly where you are coming from!! its not always easy/fun to try to find beat rocs that are beat exactly to where you can trust them due to you not being the one that broke them in and it sucks to try to make a new roc flip for three years until it finally does what you want it to!! On the course one day and i grab my dads stingray out of his bag and VOILA!! there it was!! that nice turnover that you knew wasnt coming back but wasnt gonna dig in and roill either.... so now i carry newer rocs for stable shots and the good ole champ/ce stingrays for turnovers.... hope this helps

i have been in your shoes and i kniow exactly where you are coming from!! its not always easy/fun to try to find beat rocs that are beat exactly to where you can trust them due to you not being the one that broke them in and it sucks to try to make a new roc flip for three years until it finally does what you want it to!! On the course one day and i grab my dads stingray out of his bag and VOILA!! there it was!! that nice turnover that you knew wasnt coming back but wasnt gonna dig in and roill either.... so now i carry newer rocs for stable shots and the good ole champ/ce stingrays for turnovers.... hope this helps

Ehh I tried a stingray today for the first time and it wasn't beat in enough for my likings, I had rocs in the bag that were more flippy than that thing but thanks anyways.

It cannot be replaced. You need to find some beat rocs, bring them in for auditions and find a couple that do what you want them to do.

I've yet to see him say why he won't try the Fuse...it's not Discraft
but it's also not Innova

Edit: the Fuse got reco'd 4 or 6 times I think

so are you saying that although he was asking for an alternative to a super beat Roc what he actually wanted was not an alternative but the exact same thing?

Yep, and that fact is further showcased by his distaste for comet.
Even the secondary tier suggestions like shark are nulled by him not wanting dx.

Yep, and that fact is further showcased by his distaste for comet.
Even the secondary tier suggestions like shark are nulled by him not wanting dx.

hmm, nope I did not null the shark or dx plastic. Yes the optimum thing that I am looking for is a carbon copy of my now broken rocs but I was wondering if there was an alternative for this disc that I could get in a champion plastic so that it would for the most part stay the same. Ideally I would just get another super super beat DX big bird, but all of what I have gotten so far have not been beaten in enough yet. The shark is less stable than a roc but in a champion plastic it is still overstable and if I would get one in dx plastic than I would most likely have to beat it in as well so why would I do that when I can just to that to a roc, which is now what I am going to do.

Still holding strong with the squall suggestion, it is what I pair with my rocs :|.

i almost offered u my two thrashed dx rocs but recently decided to try rocs again. just go get you some rocs ,take em to the woods and enjoy beating them in. its obvious u dont really want to try much. u wont find any champ mid that will fit that roll and be somethin u like. your cuttin yourseld short and just making it more difficult for urself.

if u like star and dont mind the + mold, the roc+ was meant to mimic a seasoned roc

Last edited: