• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Alternative for Super Beat Roc

Mad props to horsmann for not going off on all the people who have been bagging on him this entire thread.

Strong in your convictions. That takes some juevos.

Mad props to horsmann for not going off on all the people who have been bagging on him this entire thread.

Strong in your convictions. That takes some juevos.

He's the same way with the advice he asked for too. So strong in his convictions he won't listen to what people are saying that weren't dogging on him. Makes you wonder why he even asked for advice when he was going to ignore it the whole time.

He's the same way with the advice he asked for too. So strong in his convictions he won't listen to what people are saying that weren't dogging on him. Makes you wonder why he even asked for advice when he was going to ignore it the whole time.

Good point. Maybe it was some kind of Zen master training exercise or something.

Alright everybody, I got out today and tried the Squall, QMS, and Meteor. The Squall, QMS and Meteor were all nice discs but still were not was I was looking for. I tried the Squall in DGA's star like plastic. It was very much a beat to straight Roc but still was not under stable enough. The QMS was also a very nice beat in Roc but again was not under stable enough. Now the Meteor was the most under stable of the three but again was not under stable enough. Now I did try all of these three discs in the star like plastic for the squall and the meteor and the champ like plastic for the QMS. They were all good discs but were not exactly what I was looking for. I will continue to try more discs to see if there is something in a premium plastic that will do the job.

there wont be a premium plastic mid that will be what u want. your gonna have to season something one way or another

Yea this is kinda what I'm coming to think, I don't mind breaking in another roc but was just curious to see if anybody had some input

Lat64 Fuse. Opto if you prefer Champ plastic, GL if you prefer Star.

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be less trouble to just grab a pair of DX Rocs and throw them at trees for 20 minutes?

This might sound retarded but try a f8f-bearcat, its closer to the dx plastic and flies like what I think a beat in roc does. Don't know why I did not think of this sooner.

Z Comet. Low PLH, flat(ish) and light should do it. If it isn't flippy enough bend the rim down to deform it a little, or go lighter.

Fuse won't work.

''Wouldn't it be less trouble to just grab a pair of DX Rocs and throw them at trees for 20 minutes?''

Will work if they get totally deformed:\

this is the thread that never ends, it just goes on and on my friends...

Of course not. There is no alternative to a trashed Roc. Accept no substitute!

A few discs come close, but close is still not going to give you the flight you can get from an old beat up Roc. Once you experience the beauty of having a Roc you've beat into submission, you've got to keep working on cycling them or you'll almost certainly experience the OP's pain.

And it goes on an on my friends!

Shall we turn this into a debate about throwing discs you can't replace?

If the squall is too straight for you then either throwing it a little nose up, or hyzer flipping it.

*shrug*

Latest posts