• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Am I hurting my discs?

mohmandm

Par Member
I have been leaving my bag of discs in my car for the last week. A couple of the recent days have been pretty hot. Am I permanently hurting my discs? Has the damage already been done?

I don't think it would be too bad as long as it is not over 95 degrees or so.

The only thing you have to worry about, I think, is if when they are in the hot car they are being warped out of their normal shape. If they are in your bag or laying flat I don't think you'd have problem.

No scientific process to that number but I think it has to be really hot for quite a while for the discs to be damaged.

Would you leave a baby in the car all day long? I think I made my point.

Do this again and I will report you to Mark Ellis.

Hurting, no. Seasoning. Yes.

I posted up a while back about my ESP storm, which was never thrown. It went through two summers and two winters in a basket in the back of my trunk. When I finally took it out, it flew like a beat in storm from the get go. The heat and cold I don't think will do much, it's the movement in your car. I just had mine thrown in a basket. If it's in an acordian sleeve or slotted in your bag I think it's fine.

I always have kept my discs in the car and never noticed anything wrong with them.

not unless you leave something heavy on it for an extended period of time. I had a champ aviar loose in my backseat and I left my backpack on it for a few weeks with books and the like in it (it was between the spring and summer semester). and it messed up the dome pretty good. IT was really hot too. But I always kept my discs in my bag in my car and other than the one I just mentioned, nothing ever happened.

just don't jam them in your bag.

yes they will warp after a while
and i lent a disc to my friend and now the disc has faded its ultra-pink color :(

i remember this same question before. I left an overfilled bag in my car and it warped the discs. it is the heat and pressure that warp, the heat itself is not too big of a problem. however once my car got so hot it melted a water bottle, so store in your car at your own risk

not unless you leave something heavy on it for an extended period of time. I had a champ aviar loose in my backseat and I left my backpack on it for a few weeks with books and the like in it (it was between the spring and summer semester). and it messed up the dome pretty good. IT was really hot too. But I always kept my discs in my bag in my car and other than the one I just mentioned, nothing ever happened.

just don't jam them in your bag.

I pretty much agree, but i still would not leave them in the peak of summer

Last edited:
After leaving my discs in my car during a 100 degree day (inside car temp of 130+) I had an Elite-X Buzzz that warped and it was standing on edge in its bag. The top of it was wavy instead of flat and it has been that way ever since.

After leaving my discs in my car during a 100 degree day (inside car temp of 130+) I had an Elite-X Buzzz that warped and it was standing on edge in its bag. The top of it was wavy instead of flat and it has been that way ever since.
wow :( can't argue with that sort of result.

I've kept a Polaris LS, Element, Aero and Aviar in my work truck for about two years now and haven't noticed any warpage. I keep these on edge in the door pocket out of any real sunlight. Maybe I've just been lucky.

i remember this same question before. I left an overfilled bag in my car and it warped the discs. it is the heat and pressure that warp, the heat itself is not too big of a problem. however once my car got so hot it melted a water bottle, so store in your car at your own risk

Jesus man! Where do you live?!?! Mercury???

If you have a disc that gets a little warped, you can always put it out on a hot day on flat cement for a while, and it'll flatten back out. Careful about leaving it too long though, or the disc slowly loses it's dome.

If you have to leave them in your car make sure to place them where they won't be in direct sun light. :)