• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Am I taking this too serious?

I know a guy that is obsessed with finding lost discs and keeping them. Outside of DG he is the most generous person I've ever met, but he has a thing about finding discs and his statement about returning them is "we aren't baby sitting anyone here".

When I say he's generous, his whole life is dedicated to caring for others (elderly, homeless, and children).

He has a collection of discs--probably a few hundred he's snagged over the years. We don't have a lost and found, so not much to be done with un-inked discs. I figure those are gifts we pass around. I have considered asking him if I could go through his collection and I would make the effort to contact the numbers so folks could have their discs back. I don't know how he would take it. I think he feels that if someone didn't put forth the effort to find their disc, it is their choice and thus they've given it up.

When we play--we don't lose discs. Only once did we walk away from a disc we couldn't find--this was one of our other guys in the foursome. The disc bandit went back and looked for it for a couple hours after the round and eventually found it.

What I've decided to do with inked discs: Take a pic and send a text to the number. If I get a response, then I leave the disc in a concealed location near the parking lot for the course. Send location info to the owner.

The latest one was an ace run disc. Had names all over it plus the owner's phone number. No way would I keep that disc.

He has a different, but seemingly consistent set of values. Worth losing a friendship over? Depends how much you like him, imo. Personally, I'm okay with his ethical position even though I dislike it. The kid thing is borderline, for sure. That would make me dislike a friend a bit.

Latest posts