• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] Amazing disc comparison website!

Boss Man

Bogey Member
Found this website the other day and I gotta say it's quite impressive. It's probably not new but I thought I'd share.

It's got a good disc selection and you can see how the flight path changes based on how much power you put into a throw AND how beat in the disc is.

Enjoy!

http://discpath.haxor.fi/

also, if you've every wondered, "do my discs have similar flight paths?" The answer is most likely yes.

6 discs, a single flight path.
And before anyone asks, no those are not all in my bag. I just happened to stumble upon that while comparing discs i have and was looking to buy :doh:

Attachments

• 6 discs one FP.png
    6 discs one FP.png
    72.7 KB · Views: 134
This is actually very cool. No overlap FTW!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 150
Pretty cool. Thanks for sharing. I like that you can adjust for wear.

Looking at some of the discs I throw a lot, it seems to overstate the fade on low speed shots by quite a bit.

Looking at some of the discs I throw a lot, it seems to overstate the fade on low speed shots by quite a bit.

And really underestimates the turn a beat disc will gain. Also, it hasn't been updated for quite some time.

That being said, I've still really enjoyed playing around with it since I found it last summer/fall.

People, disc flight ratings are relative to some imaginary baseline throw. Your individual throw will change the flight characteristics quite a bit. I throw nose up, no OAT, above average power. As such I get almost no turn with normal fade and good distance on all but the most understable discs. I'm not going to go and knock the ratings because they don't reflect my unique throw.

Nice site and good reference to view approximate flight paths. thanks for sharing.

People, disc flight ratings are relative to some imaginary baseline throw. Your individual throw will change the flight characteristics quite a bit. I throw nose up, no OAT, above average power. As such I get almost no turn with normal fade and good distance on all but the most understable discs. I'm not going to go and knock the ratings because they don't reflect my unique throw.

Sorry but it's just not accurate, I compared a Teebird and Rampage just to see and it has 100 feet between them at 330-430. I plucked in a H1 and it was longer then a Teebird at ~350. Nobody who throws a standard TB 330 throws an H1 further. They obviously have no clue how the discs really fly. That is all.

Neat little comparison site. Only thing missing is to add how you throw each disc, like for example I throw drives and long up-shots forehand, while I'll backhand midrange and putters. Bit inaccurate on some discs, but it's fun to play around with.

When Westside gets accelerometers in our catapults and destinies we'll be able to gather enough real data to make this an understood sport, and maybe even be able to communicate to others how to play it.

Until then I very much enjoy our highly subjective and colorful disc discussion forums and the various bad data we use to support our threads.

When Westside gets accelerometers in our catapults and destinies we'll be able to gather enough real data to make this an understood sport, and maybe even be able to communicate to others how to play it.

But does it fly just as well into the wind as it does with the wind?

Nice tool, but showing that my scythes and PDs fly almost the same at 400' is laughable, at best.

I can see how it would let you scan your bag and eliminate potential overlap, but new players probably don't have enough of an idea of how discs fly to make the most of a dynamic chart like this, and experienced players likely already know what it should say.

Latest posts