• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

American Disc Golf Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, fishy with the .fun, I look at the wed address and just think that someone is trying to scam me. I went to it because I don't think you are trying to scam people. And facebook is an issue for those of us that don't do facebook or any mainstream social media.

URL is only redirecting to Facebook while we build out the website. Website will be ready in 30 days or so . . .

I think you need to take a huge step back and learn the sport of disc golf before you take the sport down a peg like the American Disc Golf Tour did. You come off as very cocky and arrogant and have nothing to back it up. In other threads you say you have learned a lot about disc golf but I have yet to see that you have learned anything.

I would say "confident" vs "cocky". I am not afraid of challenges.

I have learned a lot in the past days.

Hopefully, my skills from the past 30 years in sports and events will allow me to create a sustainable product that Players, Fans and Sponsors will all appreciate and support.

If you keep throwing your religious beliefs around, you're gunna have a bad time.

I simply said that " All things are possible through Christ " - if peeps have an issue with that, then so be it.

thanks for your input.

We anticipate following the PDGA rules regardless if they sanction us or not . . .

Well, it would be a whole lot more entertaining if you attempted to make your own rulebook. Just saying. As an observer from a far appreciating the entertainment value of this whole thing.

I believe that in order to be a TD then you will have to be a certified official.

You are correct.

You could probably make a killing off you live streaming yourself taking the officials exam.

No offense and not to sound "cocky", but If I can pass the State Insurance Agent License Exam - I imagine I will pass a Disc Golf exam.

And its not if THEY are able to sanction your event. Its if YOU follow the rules and get it sanctioned.

I have no problem following rules. Our tournament is structured differently and not sure if the PDGA can accommodate what we wish to do with Divisions, etc . . . As far as the game rules - we will follow the PDGA's regardless.

Last edited:
You are correct.

No offense and not to sound "cocky", but If I can pass the State Insurance Agent License Exam and the State Series 6 and Series 7 Securities Exam - I imagine I will pass a Disc Golf exam.

I have no problem following rules. Our tournament is structured differently and not sure if the PDGA can accommodate what we wish to do with Divisions, etc . . . As far as the game rules - we will follow the PDGA's regardless.

So you will provide your own insurance?

I didn't see whether there were women's divisions or are they allowed to play if they think they're competitive? Thing is, most women who would be able to hang with the amateur men at this amateur level are mostly pros.

Doesn't matter about Gender so long as they have the required rating for the Division they wish to play in . . .

Not witnessing or preaching - just a statement. If it offends peeps - that is their problem, not mine . . .

that becomes your problem in a hurry when you're the one selling a product, particularly one that has much better competitors.

Depending on sanctioning, plan is to have someone that is Certified locally to handle those calls. I will personally learn the rules prior to marketing the Tournaments. No different than Baseball or Golf Tournaments.

you cannot be a TD if you're not certified. without taking the advice that pretty much everyone is offering you to join the PDGA, volunteer at some events, and actually play the game then you will not be running this event if it is PDGA sanctioned.

If they are able to sanction our Events, this will be a priority.

like Horsman said, this is up to you not them.

it sounds like your position is "this is what we're doing and the PDGA will either get with us or not". that's why people are saying you sound cocky, cuz it is.

i'm not surprised by the ADGA name-adoption. it sounds like a perfect fit for this venture. most of us here genuinely would like for this to go well. it's good for the game if it does and it's bad for the game if it doesn't and we want the best for the sport. but we've also seen this movie before.

so seriously good luck and know that we will all be watching and we won't feel bad about laughing.

So you will provide your own insurance?

If insurance is required - we will comply. One of the benefits of being sanctioned by the PDGA is they have blanket coverage available at a decent rate. If not - we'll use Gallager or Lloyds.

No offense and not to sound "cocky", but If I can pass the State Insurance Agent License Exam - I imagine I will pass a Disc Golf exam.

Theres no debate on if you can pass it since you can take it as many times as you want I think. I think you underestimate the test. Ive been playing over a decade, most at a higher then average level. Ive been a TD. I read the rule book every year when it comes out and have a love for the game. With all of that, I still struggle with some of the questions on the exam. No offense but just because you can pass one test doesnt mean you can pass a completely different test. Your attempt not to sound "cocky" comes off as cocky.

How is this, for a start?

American11.png
He said he wanted a "cool logo". This looks like a rejected American Gladiator leotard patch.

Since it was multi-quoted, my response will be in Blue . . .

Quote:

Originally Posted by discgolftom

"Not witnessing or preaching - just a statement. If it offends peeps - that is their problem, not mine . . ."

[1] that becomes your problem in a hurry when you're the one selling a product, particularly one that has much better competitors.

I don't view making a simple statement about Christ as a "problem".

Quote:

" Depending on sanctioning, plan is to have someone that is Certified locally to handle those calls. I will personally learn the rules prior to marketing the Tournaments. No different than Baseball or Golf Tournaments. "

[2] you cannot be a TD if you're not certified. without taking the advice that pretty much everyone is offering you to join the PDGA, volunteer at some events, and actually play the game then you will not be running this event if it is PDGA sanctioned.

If sanctioned by the PDGA - I will get certified. But - I'll have many things to manage, so will sub this out to another "certified" official - if I have to pay them.

I will join the PDGA if they can sanction our concept.

My body won't allow me to "play", but am volunteering at some upcoming tournaments near me the next 2 months.

Quote:

" If they are able to sanction our Events, this will be a priority. "

[3] like Horsman said, this is up to you not them.

Actually - it is up to the PDGA to approve our concept and sanction it. Hopefully - they will. I will know if so next week . . .

[4] it sounds like your position is "this is what we're doing and the PDGA will either get with us or not". that's why people are saying you sound cocky, cuz it is.

Well, it kinda is. Hopefully - we can be sanctioned.

[5] i'm not surprised by the ADGA name-adoption. it sounds like a perfect fit for this venture. most of us here genuinely would like for this to go well. it's good for the game if it does and it's bad for the game if it doesn't and we want the best for the sport. but we've also seen this movie before.

ADGA name was chosen in case we decided to call the concept the American Disc Golf Association in case we expand outside of GA and SC, or down the road we may become the Amateur Disc Golf Association. Just depends. Too early to tell.

[6] so seriously good luck and know that we will all be watching and we won't feel bad about laughing.

Thanks for the good luck and laughing is certainly everyone's prerogative . . .

Theres no debate on if you can pass it since you can take it as many times as you want I think. I think you underestimate the test. Ive been playing over a decade, most at a higher then average level. Ive been a TD. I read the rule book every year when it comes out and have a love for the game. With all of that, I still struggle with some of the questions on the exam. No offense but just because you can pass one test doesnt mean you can pass a completely different test. Your attempt not to sound "cocky" comes off as cocky.

It all comes down to memorization . . .

When that doesn't work - pick the answer that makes most sense. When that doesn't work - always pick A or True ;)

After reading almost 500 pages on a thread with a similar name - I decided to buy a domain.

Please welcome the American Disc Golf Association -or- www.ADGA.Fun! Nothing but a name at the moment. I like the "fun" part ;)

We will use this moniker and domain to market our Tournaments. The first being the Southern Classic!

We will have the opportunity to establish an " Association" at a later date if it seems viable.

Website will be fully functional in a few weeks. Time being just directed to our Facebook page. Rome was not built in a day . . .

"Marketing For Dummies"
https://www.amazon.com/Marketing-Dummies-Jeanette-McMurtry-dp-1119365570/dp/1119365570

It all comes down to memorization . . .
When that doesn't work - pick the answer that makes most sense. When that doesn't work - always pick A or True ;)
It's an open book test whose main goal is for players and TDs to learn where to find the answers in the rulebook and Q&A more than it is to memorize the rules. In fact, always better to look up and read the current rule because it may have changed several times over the years. Relying on remembering the current version or relying on other veteran players to make the call has tripped up many of us.

It's an open book test whose main goal is for players and TDs to learn where to find the answers in the rulebook and Q&A more than it is to memorize the rules. In fact, always better to look up and read the current rule because it may have changed several times over the years. Relying on remembering the current version or relying on other veteran players to make the call has tripped up many of us.

If it is "open book" that is cool . . .

I'll read through the rules over the next few weeks. There is a lot to absorb.

Reading some of them just now - seems that the Players playing together can settle most issues between themselves.

https://www.pdga.com/rules/official-rules-disc-golf

I made a simple personal statement. We will start every Tournament with a Prayer and also the National Anthem. Peeps don't have to participate if they don't wish.

Can we have a confessional booth installed at the tournament as well? So i can repent and have the best chance of winning?
Cause...you know... My frisbees need Jesus more than practice, to hit the gaps and putts.

Idk. I think most ppl are more about being INCLUSIVE, rather than against religion.

National anthem? Why? I assume everyone already LOVES America and is thankful to be here everyday.

Praying? Feels like a great way to exclude ppl and make the start of the tourney uncomfortable.

Just go for the trifecta and make it a Republican or Democrat only tourney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts