• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

American Disc Golf Tour

I'd do flags or something along those lines, myself. But I'm not on the Advisory Committee.

Well, I wouldn't stretch the circle to 50', I'd abolish it, but if I felt compelled to have one and mark it on a golf course, I'd do it with something that can easily be removed.

Has to be ESPN viewer friendly I would think so it seems striping paint is the likely choice.

Has to be Cobblestone-friendly, too. But that's a good point. I wonder how they'll reconcile it?

They finally answered this question on facebook -- sort of -- no details but at least they agree something needs to be done:

Peter Mercil So is there any plan to have the 50 foot "putting circle" marked or measurable in any way? 50 feet is a long way to eyeball, and a lot harder to eyeball accurately then the 10m circle. I can def see arguing about "inside or outside" if there isn't a way to mark it.
1 · January 28 at 7:11pm

American Disc Golf Tour
American Disc Golf Tour There is a plan to do so Peter

Holy S#!t

They actually responded to a politely worded fair question; that's unprecedented.

Slaked Lime would be my choice of marker material it's actually good for the soil. Not sure how well it would hold up for longer than a two round event though.

Holy S#!t

They actually responded to a politely worded fair question; that's unprecedented.

I was very impressed.

The PK kickoff event thing is really strange. In pretty sure I would have heard about it by now, I'm pretty plugged in to the Augusta scene.

I was very impressed.

The PK kickoff event thing is really strange. In pretty sure I would have heard about it by now, I'm pretty plugged in to the Augusta scene.

Since they did sort of reply, would you ask a follow up question regarding specifically how they'll mark the circle?

Just say, "Thanks for the reply, could you elaborate on the plan?"

That should be fine.

Probably not...they are reading this thread and will, at the very least, not answer the question.

It feels like ganging up on some guys who are trying to do something good, but then I remember all the other bull **** these known scam artists have done and I no longer feel bad for them, or anyone involved for that matter.

There are some people who believe Kilgus and his cronies really are trying to push the sport forward, but these are also the same pieces of human trash who just a few months ago were sending out fake legal notices from fake lawyers using fake emails because someone left them a bad review online.

I will boldly proclaim that these idiots are not deserving of support from the disc golf community.

Probably not...they are reading this thread and will, at the very least, not answer the question.

It feels like ganging up on some guys who are trying to do something good, but then I remember all the other bull **** these known scam artists have done and I no longer feel bad for them, or anyone involved for that matter.

There are some people who believe Kilgus and his cronies really are trying to push the sport forward, but these are also the same pieces of human trash who just a few months ago were sending out fake legal notices from fake lawyers using fake emails because someone left them a bad review online.

I will boldly proclaim that these idiots are not deserving of support from the disc golf community.

Answering the question will only help their efforts to clear up some of the confusion surrounding enforcement of the new rules. I don't see how it could possibly result in any negative feedback unless they plan on using RoundUp to make the circles. ;)

Somehow, I don't think they are reading this thread.

They fixed some rules when people asked about them on their Facebook page. I don't see them having addressed anything that's been brought up here.

If they are reading this thread and still not addressing some of these issues, they're taking foolishness to a whole new level.

A few of the Salient crew have accounts here, and have been online within the past 24 hours. I think they'd at least have to stop by and browse.

David:

They absolutley are reading this thread. Its one of the reasons they are banning certain people for innocous questions. They aren't adressing things brought up here because we are classified as haters to them. They aren't wrong, really...but they earned it around here.

Acknowledging we exist could lead a few people here who migjt otherwise not come to this thread,and that could be very bad for ADGT. Thats a bit paranoid to say, but that doesnt make it not true.

I assume they are just banning people who ask questions they don't like. A mistake, in my judgment, but at least there's a rationale.

But, if I mention here that, say, there are no rules addressing interference, and they're reading this, and there remain no rules addressing interference, that's remarkable.

I just banned Kilgus from my facebook store page because he tried advertising his bags on one of my store's posts about having the Innova HeroPack in stock LOL

Just say, "Thanks for the reply, could you elaborate on the plan?"

That should be fine.

Nobody has ever asked me questions like that leading up to any tournaments I've run. Sure, it's a bit of a different situation with a larger profile tournament with a modified rule book, but they're under no obligation to answer all the tickytack questions anyone has.

Nobody has ever asked me questions like that leading up to any tournaments I've run. Sure, it's a bit of a different situation with a larger profile tournament with a modified rule book, but they're under no obligation to answer all the tickytack questions anyone has.

If you expect more than 13 people....

Seriously, if you're changing the rules, you ABSOLUTELY have an obligation to explain them. "Tickytack" or otherwise.

Banning everyone with questions, or answering them in a hostile manner only reinforces the skepticisms. Going further, the fact that they just don't care and are happy with a meager turnout reinforces my opinion that the whole thing is a scam. Get what you can and get out.