• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

American Disc Golf Tour

You're probably correct.

I wrongly assumed he worked in IT.

post on reddit from the ESPN employee:
"So, as far as I can tell, after looking through what admittedly minimal resources I have at ESPN, I couldn't find anything on this. But again, I just want to reiterate, this isn't my department, and I have nothing to do with acquisitions, so it sorta makes sense that I can't see these things. But there was nothing on our intranet, nothing on our intramedia site, nothing on our AP ENPS system. So...yea."

I think it mostly doesn't tell us anything one way or another.

Was made aware that my review on the Facebook page got deleted (go figure).
And their buy a disc get entered into a raffle is illegal since there is not a no purchase necessary option and is not an 801C3

I think this could be great if they pull it off. We have gotten nowhere with the pdga. Salient seems to be focused on pros and tv exposure....... And maybe scamming ppl ;)
BUT, if they can pull this off, it will be awesome.

I say lets all support salient with our Money.... Wait!, positive thoughts and posts. I wouldnt send them money.

Read up on what happened with Enron. Its about the same thing.

I'm guessing your exaggerating/joking, but I'm going to take the bait. As someone that's done a lot of reading and several case studies about Enron can you enlighten me on the similarities?

Smashboxx doesn't really have any more info then we do. They're trying to be open minded but they don't really know a lot

Terry is doing a very good job at keeping it neutral. Dana, gets a big thumbs up in my book.

I'm guessing your exaggerating/joking, but I'm going to take the bait. As someone that's done a lot of reading and several case studies about Enron can you enlighten me on the similarities?
Both Enron and Salient are/were run by crooked entities who had no remorse about effing people in the bee.

That's all I got. I'll let you get back to your case studies.

Terry is doing a very good job at keeping it neutral. Dana, gets a big thumbs up in my book.

He is. To me that comes off as giving them a free pass though. Which I don't think is the right way to handle it. Seems like Terry is pretty much taking their word on everything

I think this could be great if they pull it off. We have gotten nowhere with the pdga. Salient seems to be focused on pros and tv exposure....... And maybe scamming ppl ;)
BUT, if they can pull this off, it will be awesome.

I say lets all support salient with our Money.... Wait!, positive thoughts and posts. I wouldnt send them money.

Where "we" trying to go with the PDGA??

He is. To me that comes off as giving them a free pass though. Which I don't think is the right way to handle it. Seems like Terry is pretty much taking their word on everything

I don't think Terry wants to burn anyone, period, it's just not how he is and I don't fault him for that.

And while I don't like to burn anyone either, I can't just sit around and think this is a good thing.

If this were so great, why isn't anyone putting their name on it? And by anyone, I mean Kilgus or Salient anyone else putting up "an incredible amount of money" to make this happen? If I were touting something as so great that it will change the sport, I would have my name ALL OVER IT. Kinda like how I didn't know who Nate Hienold was, until he became the face for the world's largest disc golf payout and a great event with a lot of support from big manufacturers and new exciting releases of molds and plastics with the world of disc golf attending. If it's as great as you say, why are you afraid to put your name on it and own it?

I also realllly don't understand the "you have 45 days to claim your spot or it's gone" idea. So you're telling me that if Paul McBeth wants to get involved in January that they're going to say "NOPE! Too late, you know the rules(which we wrote ourselves)."

And as was already mentioned, the event will be filmed, edited, then released to ESPN for display on ESPN3 or WatchESPN or something, NOT primetime ESPN1. This is no different than watching any other disc golf event not live on YouTube.

I could go on and on, but I won't.

Well, I probably will.

Yeah, most likely I will. It's just too easy.

I also realllly don't understand the "you have 45 days to claim your spot or it's gone" idea. So you're telling me that if Paul McBeth wants to get involved in January that they're going to say "NOPE! Too late, you know the rules(which we wrote ourselves)."

I suspect that posting those names isn't an official invite. That may come later.

The USDGC does the same thing. Win a qualifier, you have 30 days (I think) to register and pay.

Whether it's wise in this case is another question, but not my problem.

A tour that can support professionals

Hmmm....thought there was far more behind your post. Yeah, a national tour with majors, arranged geographically, to provide for a viable stable of touring pros, seems like a reasonable and needed endeavor. :thmbup:

I suspect that posting those names isn't an official invite. That may come later.

The USDGC does the same thing. Win a qualifier, you have 30 days (I think) to register and pay.

Whether it's wise in this case is another question, but not my problem.

True, but the USDGC is well established as our sport's Masters, can change a player's career with a good outing or win, and anyone in the sport wants to play that event. This thing, though, we know so little about.

One thing that someone brought up that is very interesting is the cost involved with this. This next point is not based on knowing all of the details but merely conversations with people in the industry.

To have a good broadcast of 2 hours that is worthy of being on ESPN3 would cost at least $50,000, if not $75,000 or more. I am sure ESPN is not going to allow a subpar broadcast, so I am sure they had requirements for what they would accept. Also, I highly doubt ESPN is paying Salient a dime for this. In fact, it could be the other way around. Also, I can't imagine 1 or 2 camera coverage would even be acceptable. The current live format we use has a lot of down time, so they probably would want more than one card covered, meaning we would need 5 to 6 cameras. If you look at the quality that Jussi brought to the EO this year, I think we would need that spread over at least 9 holes, instead of the 3 holes that the EO covered live on Finnish TV. Just my two cents, but this endeavor would not be cheap at all.

I don't think Terry wants to burn anyone, period, it's just not how he is and I don't fault him for that.

I don't fault him for it at all either. He's been around disc golf forever, he knows and has relationships with everyone who is anyone in disc golf. That's not easy to do and it doesn't happen overnight. I just wish he would approach some things more like a journalist and prioritize finding the truth (or finding a compelling story) over keeping his access. This is a good example of that to me.

Latest posts