• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

American Disc Golf Tour

FKd6eoM.jpg

:clap:

I know it's my own fault for continuing to read this thread... :doh:

But I'll sure be glad when this is over.

And I wish that I knew how to copy and paste this comment easily on my phone and into the perfect hyzer/anhyzer thread, too. :wall:

This thread shall live in INFAMY!

I will continue to live forever...especially if the event fails... or succeeds?

Honestly though, I think the so-called involvement of high profile names like Ricky, Barry, and Dave in the execution of the event is overblown. Are they giving advice and having input in the course design? Sure, that's believable. Are they or will they be involved with the actual running of the event beyond whatever input they might have in the design? Very very doubtful. When they roll into town for this event, they're going to be players, not staff. I don't expect them to, nor should they be expected to lift a finger to run check in or stuff player packs or count scorecards or anything like that. The success or failure of the event will not hinge on anything they do other than playing well and putting on a good show in that respect.

True, though you would think that if they are involved---or perhaps even if they're not, but are playing and want it to be a big thing---they'd be all over the internet promoting it, like an author on a book tour, or a presidential candidate in an early primary state. They might be quite helpful, lending their name and the attention they can bring, across social media and other websites.

Maybe they are and I'm missing it, or maybe they will be later. Though with registration closing, maybe, in 3 weeks, I'd think now would be the time.

Just my unsolicited and to-be-unheeded advice to the ADGT guys.

I don't know, but part of the life of this thread is how much material they've given us to discuss. The anti-PDGA and the rules and the disc standards and the disappearing website and the $375 entry (with membership) and the......

David, they have confirmed, at least for now, that everyone who plays in the event gets free membership -- even the am's.

David, they have confirmed, at least for now, that everyone who plays in the event gets free membership -- even the am's.

I saw a post to that effect by Shade (Tim Hogg), but wasn't sure if it was correct.

But in respect the life and liveliness of this thread, the original entry + membership was still fuel for discussion.

I know this was mentioned, but still poorly worded on the salient website - see attached. To me:
Free Entry = I'll be playing
Free Admission = I'll be watching

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 508
I know this was mentioned, but still poorly worded on the salient website - see attached. To me:
Free Entry = I'll be playing
Free Admission = I'll be watching

Every single thing about this event is worded to allude to greater things than are actually happening. It's as blatant as you can be without saying "we're here to rip you off".

And their last two events fielded 0 players and 20 players. I guess you can chalk up the locals who have actually played Salient events and that "small minority" that doesn't represent the disc golf community.

I actually think less of the Pros endorsing this event. They are either too stupid to recognize an obvious scam, or just don't care.

Every single thing about this event is worded to allude to greater things than are actually happening. It's as blatant as you can be without saying "we're here to rip you off".

And their last two events fielded 0 players and 20 players. I guess you can chalk up the locals who have actually played Salient events and that "small minority" that doesn't represent the disc golf community.

I actually think less of the Pros endorsing this event. They are either too stupid to recognize an obvious scam, or just don't care.

Or they just want a shot at winning that Jeep...

If they actually give the car away instead of just a two year lease, they will have succeeded where the USDGC failed.

You know what would be ****ed up? If they do a shotgun start and someone who starts on that hole aces it and no one else gets a shot at it.

So, ESPN3 is a streaming only service, that nobody watches anyways, why is this such a big deal ?
We have good people doing video now, I'm sure the ESPN production team could learn things from them.
If this was televised, it would be a much bigger deal. Yesterday they had curling on. Curling ! Wouldnt people rather watch a competitive round of disc golf ?

So, ESPN3 is a streaming only service, that nobody watches anyways, why is this such a big deal ?
We have good people doing video now, I'm sure the ESPN production team could learn things from them.
If this was televised, it would be a much bigger deal. Yesterday they had curling on. Curling ! Wouldnt people rather watch a competitive round of disc golf ?

Not a big deal
ESPN is not shooting/producing
Curling is fun to watch if you Curl
Welcome to the thread, it's been fun so far.

If they actually give the car away instead of just a two year lease, they will have succeeded where the USDGC failed.

You know what would be ****ed up? If they do a shotgun start and someone who starts on that hole aces it and no one else gets a shot at it.

351' shot, full size disc, mini basket, good luck everyone! :p

So this should be interesting - Revealing a Brand New Basket for the May Tourney!

All ESPN broadcasted events/Major ADGT events are mandated to use the minimum size requirements for chain assembly. (*signifies requirements for "Gold" target dimensions) and 24 chain maximum limits. The "Gold Target" manufactured by ADGT will make its debut in May 2016 during our first live broadcast. Any manufacturers interested in licensing our "Gold Target" specs for inclusion during future live broadcasts can leave Tim Hogg a message at 803-210-5293.

No, they bought the Liberty Basket, but this sounds different.

This will DEBUT on the the first day of the May broadcast.

Nothing like putting at a never-before-seen basket on internationally (streamed) television

Latest posts