• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

American Disc Golf Tour

You know, your full notes from your research on this article might be a best-seller.

By the way, you do an excellent job---and not just on this story.

Thanks David, appreciate the kind words!

As to the notes, there are a couple quotes left on the cutting room floor that were even more standoffish than the ones in the article.

Thanks David, appreciate the kind words!

As to the notes, there are a couple quotes left on the cutting room floor that were even more standoffish than the ones in the article.

Trust me, having seen a lot of their posts in Facebook groups---not just on this subject, but particularly on others---I'm SURE they are great. And pretty sure that you're wise to leave them on the cutting room floor.

Though I was really thinking about the interviews with the dozen pros who aren't there, and Brian Graham. You shouldn't share those with us. I wish you would, though.

I'm pretty far into the podcast now, and you guys made great points, great analysis.

Trust me, having seen a lot of their posts in Facebook groups---not just on this subject, but particularly on others---I'm SURE they are great. And pretty sure that you're wise to leave them on the cutting room floor.

Though I was really thinking about the interviews with the dozen pros who aren't there, and Brian Graham. You shouldn't share those with us. I wish you would, though.

I'm pretty far into the podcast now, and you guys made great points, great analysis.

Nice, thanks for listening! Kind of used the pod as the opportunity for analysis and opinion a bit more, as opposed to the objectivity of the article. I think it'll be a good vehicle for that.

As far as the pro interviews, I really just wanted those to inform the motivations as to why they didn't go. A couple shared some deeper thoughts on the company, etc., but I think Dana said enough for everyone.

Even huge, well-known and respected tournaments dont get good turnouts on the first day. If they had 10 or more spectators it should be considered a successful first day
I know this but not many tournaments offer free beer lol i was wondering if this ploy worked?

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

I know this but not many tournaments offer free beer lol i was wondering if this ploy worked?

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

I don't know how long the round took, but I doubt if even the pros were on the course late enough for locals who work regular hours to get there and watch. And drink.

It's daylight here until almost 9:00 p.m.; I know they were guessing at round times, but it would have been good to schedule the pros to be finishing around 8:00.

Seems like a pretty smart ploy, if you're going to refer to it as such. I doubt there were many spectators, but this is better than any idea I've ever come up with.

wow, after what ive been reading lately about this lot and the comments they make...clearly they will never change, not in their nature.

The whole idea of 2 sides to every story is true...and they still wholly believe they are the good guys, doing the right thing for the good off all, which is even scarier to me then a bunch of lying, cheating crooks who are out only for themselves.

Them still remaining justified in all they have done, and are doing is outright scary. Never ever do you read 'oh yeah we messed that up but fixed the issue', its always someone elses fault or trolls out to get them.

I have seen this before in many arenas...people like this wont stop until the village is burnt to the ground and the fire is out. Stay away from these types, at all costs.

Last edited:
Among the side benefits of that Ultiworld article is that it's been shared widely on Facebook, so a bored obsessive critic can read comments from all over the country.

Someone posted a bunch of pictures of the group MJ was in. There wasn't a gallery, or even a curious onlooker, to be seen.

Now, I can't be certain those weren't practice round pictures, though they were posted last night. Perhaps the free-beer mob was in the grandstand on the 18th hole.

On the other hand, the course looked fabulous---in a let'er rip sort of way.

Someone posted a bunch of pictures of the group MJ was in. There wasn't a gallery, or even a curious onlooker, to be seen.

Now, I can't be certain those weren't practice round pictures, though they were posted last night. Perhaps the free-beer mob was in the grandstand on the 18th hole.

On the other hand, the course looked fabulous---in a let'er rip sort of way.

Did you hear if anyone came close on #7? Any metal hits? Ricky said he's running it every round which is not surprising, no doubt everyone is.

Have you heard from filobedo? It would be interesting to get his perspective from day 1.

And someone posted on facebook that the drone was in the sky shooting footage, but nobody even knew it was there until they saw it -- no noise, so it's either really quiet and/or it was high enough to be out of hearing range. The Goodyear blimp's days are numbered!

In case you can't get enough of the American Disc Golf Tour, put our new podcast in your ears:

The Upshot: American Disc Golf Tour, WGE, McBeth/Lizotte

Just listened to the podcast, I liked it. I thought it was a little heavy on the anti Sailent tour sentiment, seeing as anyone that would possibly listen to this already knows of Salient's suspect rep and how lame the even will likely end up being. Any future discussion about the tour would be playing into their hands. Anyways, the session had good flow. I would listen to more in the future

For those of you not in South Carolina this weekend---and that would be, well, virtually everyone else in this room----they're blessed with terrific weather. Today it'll be in the 80s, dry, and somewhere between breezy and very windy on that open course.

Just listened to the podcast, I liked it. I thought it was a little heavy on the anti Sailent tour sentiment, seeing as anyone that would possibly listen to this already knows of Salient's suspect rep and how lame the even will likely end up being. Any future discussion about the tour would be playing into their hands. Anyways, the session had good flow. I would listen to more in the future

I thought the analysis on the premise was pretty good---their skepticism on the notion of buying time on ESPN3 leading to being shown on ESPN2 leading to regular mainstream broadcasts. They had time to say more than just "It's not gonna happen", as we do in forums.

And to ask a good question. If ESPN3 is a gateway for emerging sports, what other emerging sports have taken this path? Which ones debuted on ESPN3, which launched them to regular ESPN TV coverage?

Crossfit but only kinda.
Crossfit paid for ESPN3 time, then some independent gym owners also bought some paid advertisment time. ESPN saw that there was a demand and now several large Crossfit events are shown each year...to the detriment of World's Strongest Man competition, which I prefer, but either way Crossfit is their model for success.

ESPN3 is new enough that you wont find too many other sports making the jump. Crossfit exploded in popularity right around the time they were being shown on ESPN2 so make of that what you will.