• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

American Disc Golf Tour

In Eagle's latest vlog, at about 2:05, they mention they are picking up "ADGT Champion Ricky Wysocki" at the airport in San Francisco, pretty funny.

Last edited:
Hah. The great thing is, he'll always be the ADGT Champ. He'll never be the former ADGT champ.

You know when they announce all of the player's big wins before they tee off?

I hope they include the ADGT Champ in Ricky's list.

I don't know if anyone noticed, but apparently the key to socki beating McBeth is to play an ADGT event just before the matchup.

I don't know if anyone noticed, but apparently the key to socki beating McBeth is to play an ADGT event just before the matchup.

I can see the print now...
"Flush with confidence from his ADGT win, Ricky rises up and defeats the beast at The Master's Cup!"

The Master's Cup better have scantily clad women carrying a leaderboard, otherwise I'm not interested.

Hate to break it, but 50 spectators is like our hacky sack circle back in junior college, 18 years ago. No one is gonna jump on those numbers. Unless this changes drastically, it will not matter how much you wish for it. Small Sailboat racing is bigger than us. When was the last time you randomly watched a one design sailboat race, or hacky sack on ESPN? We will triumph when that changes! Good luck!
If you expect anyone to see this stuff on the equivalent of public access, How many fringe sports have you gotten into through this kind of exposure?

This was 50 spectators to a totally unknown sport at the time in a country where the current BDGA membership was about 70 with maybe 20 courses around the country. In that context it was a lot of people to rock up to an out of the way location out of curiosity. i believe others turned away as the car parks were full as well. Where we failed miserably was to really engage with any of them as we hadn't expected it and were left not really knowing what the hell to do! The point is, advertise and promote it well and you can get people to view.

Did the ADGT get any local television coverage before the event? Any local press coverage? Anything? Feels like a massive marketing miss if not (amongst many many others)