• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ANDROID APP IS OUT!!

It'll eventually make it in there, it's one of the top things on the long list of stuff I want to add/tweak. Schnapple is working on stabilizing the iOS version and once that's done we'll start revisiting the Android version to fix things, add features, etc. as well as doing the same for iOS.

I'm working with a limited budget and limited dev. time so things take way longer than I'd prefer but they eventually get there.

I know I'm Jonny come lately too the suggestion train but I had a suggestion Id thought I'd throw out. Often on courses I'm not in an internet service area which pretty much renders the app useless. I was wondering if it would be possible to add some kind of memory feature where I could download and store the course info, maps, scorecard, etc to the app when I have internet, go to a course use the app without service, and then resync later when I'm back in service. It is the same problem I have with the full site as well I normally print the info and then take it with me but it would be nice to have on the app. Anyway I hope that all makes sense, and I don't really know what it would take to program that, but would love it if you could.

Interesting idea... like a "Save for later" kind of feature. I'll add it to the list o' stuff.

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but any chance you'll have score input for Android Wear so I don't have to pull my phone out after every hole?

Nothing planned at the moment. I think it's a really small market and it would probably cost me $1000+ to have that added. I'll never say never but there is some other stuff I want to spend my development budget on first. After that, it may be fair game.

Brought the app on a Michigan Road trip. I didn't run into any problems, and I thought it was pretty well put together!

Some things I wish I would have noticed and used during my trip.
  • I wish I had noticed the "Round Notes" section in the scorecard summary before now. I probably would have jotted some things down to help me remember the courses a little better. I'm not saying it should be moved to a different page, since I think the summary page makes the most sense. I just hadn't noticed it until now.
  • I also didn't notice until now that you could turn off a putts box of the scorecard. I think it's a great feature for those who use it, but It's not something I personally envision myself using very often. I'd be curious how many others have the "Show putts" feature unchecked in their app settings.

You can also tap/hold the player's name to open up hole notes, to record notes specific to that hole.

I'm not sure if this next question is related to the app or the website. If I upload a doubles round from the app, it won't give an estimated round rating. That makes sense to me since the PDGA doesn't give round ratings for doubles either. However, I may occasionally be interested in comparing a doubles round to an individual pro player's round by looking at the rating. Is there a way for me to switch a round back and forth between a doubles round and a normal round to get this type of information? I can't seem to switch back and forth between a normal round and a doubles round after approving my mobile round.

Once you approve it there isn't a way to switch the round type. It isn't a common request so I never got around to doing it. It's something I can look into when I have some time but it would be on the site end, not the app end.

RE: sharing the round info with each player

There is, but it has to be done in a round about way until we get the Android train rolling for updates and new features again.

Been using the app for over a year now, love it! Don't know why anyone would consider any other app. The content is far superior, the UI is very polished, and the price point is lower than the nearest competitor. Not to mention the tie in to this great website.

Glad to hear you are planning to streamline the sharing feature. Didn't know about the method shown in the above post. I had just been screen-shotting the round summary and then texting it to all the participants that werent on DGCR. This could be an easy automated solution if there is a place to enter each participants phone number when adding players. The App could just take a screen shot and auto text each participant in the round. Just a thought.

On a side note, in an earlier version, I experienced intermittent losses of inputted scores during the round. A couple of quick updates have eliminated that problem completely.. well, nearly completely. It did happen again recently on the new version, but I think I know what triggered it. I always power the screen off with a tap of the power button after I input the scores for each player after each hole, and obviously power it on to input the scores in the same way. The one time I lost data recently, I toggled the screen off and back on again in less than a second as I forgot to enter a score. I think this somehow triggered the event. I have been careful ever since by being deliberate when toggling the power button. No more events have cropped up. Maybe, it helps, maybe its just a coincidence. Just an FYI.

Might be a coincidence or some weird one-off event since I know Schnapple pulled his hair out figuring out how to stop that. You definitely don't have to be so careful with the power button thing, I'm certainly not when I use the app.

I don't even know what a Tizen is :)
Tizen is a variant of Android made by Samsung for some of their phones, and more notably their smartwatches such as the gear S2. Weaseling for a good scorekeeping app on my Gear S2 that integrates with something more comprehensive on my phone or a site.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I haven't read through all the comments yet, but can you adjust PARs for courses via the app? We play a local course a lot that the app says are all PAR 3s, but the site has the correct info. It's a pain to have to constantly adjust the score (and then, of course, it isn't accurate.)

Or does the app pull the correct hole info for courses from the site? This is the only thing keeping me from buying it. My buddy bought it, but every time we play one of the local 5 courses, we have to adjust the score for the app (e.g. it calls a PAR 5 a 3, etc.)

It should reflect whatever is on the site and update accordingly when information online is updated. Which course are you talking about?

I am a fan of the app and I very much enjoy using it but I think there is room for improvement.

I recently encountered an issue where one of our local courses had huge variation in distance and pars based on pin position. I didn't know at the time that the app pulls from the website to find pin position and assign pars for the individual holes. What I'd like to see implemented is that you can change those values from within the app and it would in turn change on the website.

For instance another app I had used previously allowed you to tap where the distance is located on the score card during the round and it would bring up the possible pin placements by distance. This could really benefit all players using the app by making the changes in real time you could correct the pin positions for your own round while also improving it for those playing behind you until the next change.

For a high percentage of courses this would make no difference obviously but it would really make me happy so I don't have to come home and switch all the placements then reenter all my data