• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ANDROID APP IS OUT!!

Hey Morry,

That is something that I have planned to add once development of the android app ramps back up (hopefully very soon!). Your changes would remain local though, they wouldn't update the site.

Also, if you do update your local course, you don't have to re-enter the round. Just choose to edit it on the site, choose a different tee (or blank tee) and then choose the one you played again and all the pars and distances will update to whatever is current.

When I attempt to upload my old .db from Easyscorecard I get the following error

Warning: date_format() expects parameter 1 to be DateTime, boolean given in /home/dgcourse/public_html/scorebook_mobile_import.php on line 710

any idea what is happening?

You can only upload CSV files from other apps. On EasyScorecard I believe you can only export one round at a time that way.

I just downloaded the DGCR app and have a few questions/requests:
1. My home course (Maytag Park) only has 1 set of teepads but has 2 pin locations. I can't find a way to specify which position the basket is in on each individual hole so it will always look like I played all shorts. Am I missing the way to do this? I messed around with it quite a bit and couldn't find a way to change it.
2. Is it possible to change a course's SSA on a round by round basis and if not could this be added? This is a feature I use often on the app I currently use (Easy Scorecard Pro).
3. Is there a way to arrange the players non-alphabetically? For example, in my current scorecard app I have about 50 players in there but there's 10 that I throw with most often and I can make it so those 10 are the first 10 listed.
4. Are you planning to add a "show tee order" option? I know you can make it so that it re-arranges the players based on their previous hole scores but it's much easier to ask for scores in the same order for every hole rather than having the names re-arranged every hole.

1) You'd have to update the positions on the site to their current setup and the app will pull in that info. Future feature I have planned will allow you to pick one on the fly.

2) Changing a course's SSE on the fly isn't possible. The SSE changes based on pin positions, etc. and the site and/or app does the calculations to determine what it thinks it should be.

3) Nobody has asked for this one before. I'll add it to the "to do" list and see what the developer thinks about it.

4) You can turn off the auto-reorder in the settings. Custom start order is also coming in the next month or two.

Thanks for picking up the app as well!

1) You'd have to update the positions on the site to their current setup and the app will pull in that info. Future feature I have planned will allow you to pick one on the fly. Sounds good!

2) Changing a course's SSE on the fly isn't possible. The SSE changes based on pin positions, etc. and the site and/or app does the calculations to determine what it thinks it should be. Bummer. This might be a deal breaker for me using it. We have a group of 10 of us living in different states who record all casual rounds with rating throughout the year and we use those ratings for our handicap at our annual disc golf meet-up in Oklahoma and it helps immensely to be able to change the SSA based on recent tournaments, pin placements, etc.

3) Nobody has asked for this one before. I'll add it to the "to do" list and see what the developer thinks about it. Thanks! It's relatively minor but it is kind of a hassle to scroll to the bottom of 50 names to find the guy I throw with 3 times a week.

4) You can turn off the auto-reorder in the settings. Custom start order is also coming in the next month or two. Yeah I turned that off but then it doesn't give me a tee order. My current app puts a small number by each name indicating tee order.

Thanks for picking up the app as well!

Thanks for the response and all your work on all things DGCR!

Oh, I see, you wanted the tee order to still be there but the names to remain unchanged. I'll look into that.

As for the SSE, that's baked into the site and isn't something that can be easily changed.

@timg, Is there a page that lists the benefits of getting the app over just using the mobile version of the site?

@timg, Is there a page that lists the benefits of getting the app over just using the mobile version of the site?
The main benefit right now is logging rounds directly to your scorebook and a more streamlined interface for going through courses, etc. I have a lot of stuff planned that will make tip the scales in favor of the app in 2017, budget allowing.

Latest Update

I got the latest version of the app recently, but I can't import recent rounds from the site that my buddy has submitted. It says I have no internet connection, but I do. Has this been reported?

Someone just left a review about it and I just contacted the developer. I'm trying to get it fixed ASAP.

Is there a way to add players to the "scorecard" in a specific order? I'd like to use this in addition to a official scorecard during a league round but want to line up the sequence of players the same as what is on the official scorecard.

Bump again. I so wish that I could use this for tournaments but the lack of setting the card order is a dealbreaker. It's the only reason I ever use a competitors app.

That should be in the next round of updates. There are 5 things to add and then, assuming I can afford it, I have some much larger features I'd like to implement.

In this last update, if you don't re-order based on score you get a little grey number showing you tee order. I know that was a big one for people.

in the map view, is there a way to see if I've played a course by icon or color of basket? I noticed that some baskets are yellow, orange, or green. But not sure what those colors mean.

And when you click on a basket to get more info on the course, can I mark it played or see if I did play it already?

Color of the basket indicates # of holes, the legend is on the map on the site here, 9 is green, 9-17 is yellow, 18 is orange and 18+ is red. If you're a premium member you can exclude played courses from the list so you only see courses you haven't played. To mark a course as played through the app you go to the course screen, hit the 3-dot menu and choose "Mark as Played" (I'd like to make that more obvious in a future version).

Under "Filter Courses", there is a "Premium Only" section that allows you to exclude already played courses. I am unable to check the box. I am a premium user here on the website, and I don't see a premium "app" on Google Play.

Is the feature not integrated yet?

Thanks,

HC

Are you logged in to the app?
This feature does work (confirmed) for premium user accounts.

Last edited:

Latest posts