• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ann Arbor courses near Tobaggon

discNDav

Double Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
What are the must play courses near Taboggan now?

I'm traveling with an Am Nat player and will be playing other courses in the area while there next week. I've haven't been to Ann Arbor area for golf
in almost 10 years. I've played both at Hudson Mills, the old Kennsington,
and Rolling Hills when it was only 9 holes.

From what I've heard online, BRATS and Independence Lake are worthy.
Does anyone have any other ideas on where to play quality courses near
Taboggon? What would you go?

Play the redesigned. Kensington course. They only kept 5 of the original 18, and only two of those remain unchanged. Holes 19-27 are sweet. Indy is great, just take a good look at the map by the first hole. The course has a few long walks, which can be confusing to someone who has never played the course.

Indy Lake: Play it for sure! It's pretty close to Kensington.

Play the new Rolling Hills - 18 holes now.

Kensington "Black Locust - 27 holes" would be a good place to warmup before your round starts on the Toboggan.

The Ponds at Lakeshore is a wide open flat bomber course on a former golf course with a cool proshop, great selection of plastic. I would check that out. Follow the painted spokes on the baskets to navigate the course.

Bandemer Park is a 9 holer with three different sets of tees, so there are really 27 unique holes out there. I like it. It's close to downtown Ann Arbor and if you plan on going out for drinks / people watching that is where I would go.

While at the tournament you should ask locals about private courses in the area. You may find a guide to take you to: Jim Kenners (must throw Discraft), Ponder Hills or White's Acres, ...

If you are willing to drive an hour and a half you should really check out Victory Park in Albion.

How far outside of Ann Arbor are you willing to travel. There are some good courses in Oakland County.