• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Announcing Discmania Evolution and Active

I'm here to say, yes, I throw a Cro every now and then, and to steer this thread back on course, Discmania Active line.

Got a starter pack from GGGT, Sensei putter, Maestro mid, Magician fairway, which are just renamed from their previous names (Spring Ox anyone?).

I played with them today in light snow. They are in a soft plastic with good grip. The Magician(aka Fox Spirit) is 6,4,0,2, and it is pretty true to those numbers. It has a very blunt edge, which leads me to believe it will beat in slowly. Nice control driver.

Maestro, or Spring Ox, has the numbers 4,3,0,2, is less stable than that. It is a nice beaded mid with a bit of dome that has a nice stable flight, but nowhere near OS as the numbers suggest.

Sensei was brand new to me. 3,3,0,1. Slightly shallow in the hand, felt good to me. I didn't make a real putt though, and found myself going way long on occasion. leading to a couple unfortunate 3 putts.

I weighed them tonight, and they are all 150 class! Explained the overthrown putts and the lower stability from the mid.

I expect these to beat in pretty quickly.

Still fun discs to throw in the snow, and for $15, can't complain.

Having thrown both I think the Magician and Kui from Yikun are the same, and the Sensei is probably the Gui. Maybe retooled slightly.

I've really enjoyed the Magician and Kui in that Warship type role of straight long mid/short fairway. It can hold a lot of lines.

Should this thread have been titled, "Announcing Discmania Originals Have Been Replaced by Evo and Active"? Are Discmania and Innova in a tussle?

Their Originals made by Innova are super popular, so I doubt they are going anywhere... they just might have trouble getting them as easily as the Swedish and Chinese discs at this point in time.

Their Originals made by Innova are super popular, so I doubt they are going anywhere... they just might have trouble getting them as easily as the Swedish and Chinese discs at this point in time.

I agree Innova has to make tons of discs for themselves Discmania and Infinite it makes sense to have stock coming in from two other factories.

Especially since Yikun makes a good product but are in lower demand, so their production is probably able to absorb higher order volume.

Especially since Yikun makes a good product but are in lower demand, so their production is probably able to absorb higher order volume.

Child labor sweat shops are a wonderful thing. If you need more production you can just work them around the clock.

(Just kidding. I have no first hand knowledge that Yikun runs some sort of prepubescent slave labor camp.)

Child labor sweat shops are a wonderful thing. If you need more production you can just work them around the clock.

(Just kidding. I have no first hand knowledge that Yikun runs some sort of prepubescent slave labor camp.)

I've seen pics of their plant. It's mainly a bunch of young guys fresh out of college and 4-5 high capacity machines. Doesn't look much a sweatshop at all.

Eric and the guys I've talked to are all pretty nice and level headed.

Latest posts