• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Announcing Discmania Evolution and Active

Anyone know why they changed the names on the Sun Crow (now Sun Bird) and the Guardian Lion (now Tiger Warrior)?

And I know I'm just being salty, but does anyone else continue to be disappointed in Discmania for consistently underestimating demand for stock molds and in turn, being out of stock for an extended period of time? It may drive the "hype" for the kiddos, but I just want to have the option to buy more when needed instead of having to stockpile for the impending drought. /rant

Probably name overlap issue with Innova molds: Cro and Lion.

I think those initial runs of the Active lines were meant to be a test of demand. The Instinct is still in stock and they probably had more demand for it than the active lines combined.

Anyone know why they changed the names on the Sun Crow (now Sun Bird) and the Guardian Lion (now Tiger Warrior)?

My first guess is that "Guardian Lion" was close enough to the Innova "Lion" that Innova complained. Dunno if the 'Crow" was the same issue, or if they just wanted a more positive name, as some famous author once wrote badly of the crow...

And I know I'm just being salty, but does anyone else continue to be disappointed in Discmania for consistently underestimating demand for stock molds and in turn, being out of stock for an extended period of time? It may drive the "hype" for the kiddos, but I just want to have the option to buy more when needed instead of having to stockpile for the impending drought. /rant

You're not being salty at all. The FD is a great disc, but I gave up bagging it precisely because I could not get them when I wanted/needed. :mad: And that was getting them at all; never mind the plastic, weight, and color I wanted. And ditto that for the putters. :|

Anybody else think that the evolution looks like it might just be a retooled DD Fugitive. Looks pretty similar to me.

Every time I've tried and liked a Discmania disc I couldn't find a backup for and eventually just stopped throwing it. I liked the FD and the TD and one of the mids (MD2 maybe?) but couldn't find backups when I was looking for them and ended up just forgetting about them.

Whaaaat? Is that PDGA legal? I may have to buy one of these for evening play on these shorter days!

Nope, theyre not.

Did you miss 2014?
https://www.pdga.com/announcements/revolutionary-spec-enhancement-discs

It's in the technical standards.
https://www.pdga.com/documents/pdga-technical-standards-manufacturers-guidelines
Electronic components may be embedded/inserted with none of its metal components externally exposed.

Well aware of that.

But when the text on the store page explicitly states not PDGA legal I tend to believe that too.

Although I did wonder for a second whats different with this and the Tobu discs for example, but then I wasnt sure if they were PDGA legal either.

Interesting. Do we know why they switched the naming style?

I like the name change. Much easier to call a disc by a single word name than it is by a two word name. Although the putter is now on it's third name now, which is getting a bit excessive.

I am a fan of the change. Cool names lend themselves to cooler stamps. We were pretty hemmed in by the two word names.

i just wish discmania would announce **** once its ready. Active premium in fall in US... zone disc (jokingly) 2021 seeing the release of the FD2 lolol

Latest posts