• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Another Trilogy Screw Up

Like BNM said last year, "who at DD did you piss off?"

Or are they doing this as a marketing ploy, shipping out so that your product arrives just in time, to look like the big hero?

If this were me, I would not do a Trilogy Challenge any more.

American company and product, great customer service. Win/Win.

Hopefully, next year they wont drop the ball on the new disc aspect of these types of events. new players don't really care what discs they get. They will show up for the experience. If you want to get the MVP thrower but non fanboi crowd to show, you should really have at least one new disc if not two available...

Plasma Shock is probably the worst idea for a disc for one of these events Ive seen. They already had the template working. First year it was the beginner class disc relay and then the signal. The slightly OS version of those discs would be a big hit and would have made me buy in...

Like BNM said last year, "who at DD did you piss off?"

Or are they doing this as a marketing ploy, shipping out so that your product arrives just in time, to look like the big hero?

If this were me, I would not do a Trilogy Challenge any more.

We are a top tiered club with them and order a TON of discs and merch every year. They are usually fantastic and Dynamic is my favorite company, bar none. We usually have 0 issues, but EVERY year our Trilogy Challenge is a fiasco.

It just comes down to shipping orders sooner. Our TD would like to not only have the peace of mind in having the discs, but time to get stuff ready. When you're standing on your porch waiting for Fedex the day of, it sucks.

Funny you say that. A buddy was looking to buy a basket. I suggested a somewhat local Michigan company. He ordered a basket from MVP. When the box arrived, "Made in China" on the box.

From what I've read, it's basically impossible to get a high quality basket (especially with stainless steel chains) made in the U.S. for the price they're offering them at. (AFAIK, they have the lowest prices out there for a 9 and 18 hole course) I'm sure they looked at domestic options, but sometimes you need to bite the bullet and go with what makes more financial sense.

From what I've read, it's basically impossible to get a high quality basket (especially with stainless steel chains) made in the U.S. for the price they're offering them at. (AFAIK, they have the lowest prices out there for a 9 and 18 hole course) I'm sure they looked at domestic options, but sometimes you need to bite the bullet and go with what makes more financial sense.

Understood. Point is just because a US company is the middle man doesn't mean the stuff is made in the US.

We are a top tiered club with them and order a TON of discs and merch every year. They are usually fantastic and Dynamic is my favorite company, bar none. We usually have 0 issues, but EVERY year our Trilogy Challenge is a fiasco.

It just comes down to shipping orders sooner. Our TD would like to not only have the peace of mind in having the discs, but time to get stuff ready. When you're standing on your porch waiting for Fedex the day of, it sucks.

Yup. Understood.
I get it that it takes a great deal of pressure off the TD to have the players packs days before the tourney starts.

Probably just a coinky dink then that y'all have had TC issues.

Next time, tell them the date is a week sooner than the actual date...:thmbup::D

Funny you say that. A buddy was looking to buy a basket. I suggested a somewhat local Michigan company. He ordered a basket from MVP. When the box arrived, "Made in China" on the box.

You're going to shatter some fragile egos with that pertinent information... lol

You're going to shatter some fragile egos with that pertinent information... lol

Except we already knew the baskets were made in China. It was talked about a couple years ago when they first started selling baskets. It is irrelevant anyway considering baskets aren't part of the player's pack for a circuit event. The discs are and they are made in America...

Except we already knew the baskets were made in China. It was talked about a couple years ago when they first started selling baskets. It is irrelevant anyway considering baskets aren't part of the player's pack for a circuit event. The discs are and they are made in America...

Honest question: why is it important to you that the discs are made in America (not sure how important it actually is to you, just based off your comment above), but it's okay if the baskets and clothing are not? I've heard people say they don't buy DD because it's not American made. But, it is still an American company that pays taxes, contributes to our economy and grows the sport all over the country. I just find it interesting when I come across people that proudly say they only support American companies, while wearing a dry-fit from their favorite company that was made in Bangladesh.

Latest posts