• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anybody done this to a Zuca Cart?

Do you think the wheel mounts will be able to hold up the weight (if planning to use it as a seat)?

While I am not positive of much of anything at this point, I don't see why I won't be able to figure it out. Might take a little trial and error but this stuff is just in my wheelhouse. If I use appropriate wheels for the weight and don't over extend the axle studs, I think they will work fine. We shall see.

I happen to have a Zuca Sport that I was given and it needs a wheel upgrade badly. Please let me know how you do yours so I can try and figure something out with mine. FYI scooter wheels don't work well with tree roots.

I happen to have a Zuca Sport that I was given and it needs a wheel upgrade badly. Please let me know how you do yours so I can try and figure something out with mine. FYI scooter wheels don't work well with tree roots.

How did you modify yours to carry discs?

I'm sure a diy disc rack won't be a problem.

True, I just wanted to hear how he modified his, hopefully with pics.

I'm thinking about doing this and modifying a small jukebox. So when I make a selection the appropriate disc gets handed to me. :)

Joking of course!

Last edited:
Gotcha! :thmbup:
I'd love pics of other guys sport model to dg model swaps/mods as well.

*Note
There's one on the Facebook Marketplace in Raleigh NC for $35 or so. They could be in cheap as well.........................beezy

I haven't modified mine to carry discs I just put my drivers (13-15) in the main section, my mids (up to 5) in front of the drivers and my putters in the side pockets. Not exactly the most effective setup but certainly very cheap especially if you carry 20 or less discs.

Unless you can save > 40% on the purchase and modifications, support disc golfers selling Zuca products.

Here's how I did my axle, 2' 1/2 inch threaded rod. Use the existing holes, just ream them out to 1/2 inch.

View attachment 62822

View attachment 62823

I see yours has the single pole handle that is mounted behind the cart frame. The double pole handle version that Bamm has is mounted inside the frame, thus causing it to block the area where a full axle would go. If he wants to use a full axle he will have to drill holes in the two handle mounts inside the frame -- tricky to do. Or he could try using something like hardened 5" bolts on each side instead of a full axle. I'm not sure that would hold up though, it's a dilemma for sure.

I'd say just leave the handle alone unless it breaks. That way he can just collapse it rather than fiddle with removing /attaching it every time it goes in or comes out of the trunk...

Last edited:
I'd say just leave the handle alone unless it breaks. That way he can just collapse it rather than fiddle with removing /attaching it every time it goes in or comes out of the trunk...

He wouldn't have to do anything with the handle either way, just the base of the mounts. But drilling through the base of the two handle mounts would be tricky, so another option would be to mount a full axle on the back side of the cart. It would require some additional metal added as a mount, but that could work. I think first I'd be tempted to try some hardened 1/2" x 5" bolts in the existing lower wheel mount holes though, drilling them out to 1/2" of course. Nylon nuts, washers, and a 1/2" ID round metal sleeves to keep the wheels in place. Assuming he's using 12" wheels with 1/2" ID bearings.

I see yours has the single pole handle that is mounted behind the cart frame. The double pole handle version that Bamm has is mounted inside the frame, thus causing it to block the area where a full axle would go. If he wants to use a full axle he will have to drill holes in the two handle mounts inside the frame -- tricky to do. Or he could try using something like hardened 5" bolts on each side instead of a full axle. I'm not sure that would hold up though, it's a dilemma for sure.
I abandoned that handle and used an adjustable aluminum cane instead. Then I abandoned the Zuca (way too small) and made one of these bag carts.

IMG_1198.jpg

What did you use to make the disc mount assembly and did you slide it in there fully assembled? These don't unzip in the sides so assembling it inside would be difficult. I like the look of yours vs the cpvc assemblies I've seen.
I made a few racks, that one was made from 1/8" luan plywood and mahogany cross pieces. I slid it in assembled but it was a very tight fit.

Unless you can save > 40% on the purchase and modifications, support disc golfers selling Zuca products.

Considering my cart spec'ed out new is almost $400 not including shipping, I doubt 40% savings will be hard to accomplish at all.

I'm taking some pics, I'll keep track of everything. I am shooting for savings of 80% to be honest. We'll see. :thmbup:

Considering my cart spec'ed out new is almost $400 not including shipping, I doubt 40% savings will be hard to accomplish at all.

I'm taking some pics, I'll keep track of everything. I am shooting for savings of 80% to be honest. We'll see. :thmbup:

What are you doing for an axle?

I am tentatively planning to use the same setup the cart came with, a stud setup, just extending them. Will know more when I finalize which wheels I am using.

Ok, yes the wheels are the key to determining the "axle" diameter.

Latest posts