• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anybody done this to a Zuca Cart?

He wouldn't have to do anything with the handle either way, just the base of the mounts. But drilling through the base of the two handle mounts would be tricky, so another option would be to mount a full axle on the back side of the cart. It would require some additional metal added as a mount, but that could work. I think first I'd be tempted to try some hardened 1/2" x 5" bolts in the existing lower wheel mount holes though, drilling them out to 1/2" of course. Nylon nuts, washers, and a 1/2" ID round metal sleeves to keep the wheels in place. Assuming he's using 12" wheels with 1/2" ID bearings.

I'm going to try to reduce my axle size in the wheel from 5/8" to 1/2" and do just this.

So here is where I am so far.
Bought the Zuca Sport for $35. (Found multiples for $25 each since then).

Disassembled the wheels and front foot pegs.

Had a friend give me a nice pair of almost perfect wheels for it. They were reused from a power washer that had died. $Free

Used Grade 8 - 6" bolts and washers with locking nuts for the axles. Had to drill out the mounting holes. Took about and hour. 8" bolts are too long, 4" bolts are too short. Cost $3.00

Had some scrap pieces of aluminum diamond plate in the garage. Shaped this to fit the front as a riser to level out the bigger wheels. Painted it black with a satin clear. Cost $Free. (I had the paint and the metal was leftover from a project).

Now I'm about 5' 10" and 245lbs. This setup doesn't even flinch with me on it. Solid.

Now I know not everybody has all the stuff laying around or tools to make this swap. I did and it saved me an enouous amount of money.

Total amount of money in it so far is $38.00.

Near future plans are to add a couple side bags to it. A drink holder or two. And we will go from there. Hope this helped anybody on the fence about this conversion. I know not everybody can afford to drop $400 on a rolling cart. If you can, I'm happy for you, if you can't and go this route, you'll be glad you did as well. Keep Chasin' Chains my friends!!' ...................Beezy

Attachments

• IMG_2511.jpg
    IMG_2511.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 353
  • IMG_2523.jpg
    IMG_2523.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 356
  • IMG_2522.jpg
    IMG_2522.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 355
More pics

Attachments

• IMG_2549.jpg
    IMG_2549.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 315
  • IMG_2552.jpg
    IMG_2552.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG_2555.jpg
    IMG_2555.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 400
Even more pics

Attachments

• IMG_2557.jpg
    IMG_2557.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_2559.jpg
    IMG_2559.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_2558.jpg
    IMG_2558.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 283
Mounted (almost matching) Voodoo JuJu bag. Added snaps to the bag and cart.

Attachments

• IMG_2565.jpg
    IMG_2565.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_2566.jpg
    IMG_2566.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_2567.jpg
    IMG_2567.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 243
Padded disc rack. You can tilt the cart almost all the way over and the discs don't fall out.

Attachments

• IMG_2564.jpg
    IMG_2564.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 289
Padded disc rack. $12.00
Snap kit for the bag. $5.00

Total is up to $55.00

Snaps on the Voodoo bag don't hold quite as well as I would like. I am going to have to improve on that a touch. Not sure how just yet. Any suggestions?

Snaps on the Voodoo bag don't hold quite as well as I would like. I am going to have to improve on that a touch. Not sure how just yet. Any suggestions?

Nylon ties? But you'd have to drill holes in the bag and also use some type of backing, rigid plastic, metal, etc.

Nylon ties? But you'd have to drill holes in the bag and also use some type of backing, rigid plastic, metal, etc.

The JuJu has a couple of small loops built onto it on the back side where I put the snaps. I am thinking i will just use a couple of small carabiners to hook it there and then I will be able to take it off for quick rounds whenever I need to.

Coming along nicely, are you just doing one level of discs instead of two?

Yeah, just one level for now. It holds 16-18 discs not counting the JuJu so I really don't need any more space.

I'm thinking about getting out my hole saw kit and matched by the "hole" pattern in the diamond plate. What do you guys think?

Ya'll know this is how Zuca got into disc golf right? Joe Robinson from Ridge Roller originally was modifying regular Zuca "bags/carts" into a disc golf cart. Zuca had him on for awhile paying him to do the mods and selling them before they cut him out of the loop to do it on their own for more profit. He is now selling his own cart through his own business Ridge Roller Customs.

Ya'll know this is how Zuca got into disc golf right? Joe Robinson from Ridge Roller originally was modifying regular Zuca "bags/carts" into a disc golf cart. Zuca had him on for awhile paying him to do the mods and selling them before they cut him out of the loop to do it on their own for more profit. He is now selling his own cart through his own business Ridge Roller Customs.

So true and thanks for the props! Saw this post made me laugh.. it's amazing how zuca made sure no body knew or at least the majority. Best thing I did for RidgeRoller was leave that.. I have ideas and they just held me back. But very soon everyone will know The RidgeRoller ;)

Didn't know that. Never really followed the cart stuff until this year. (Getting older, resting a bit at tee boxes sounds good now. Good to know on the whole Zuca/Ridge Roller deal.

I actually have the second gen of the modified Zuca carts. It doesn't have a raised front and has a PVC rack inside. I can take some pix this weekend if you think it will help you out.

Cool 'doggy. I will hit you up with a couple questions later! Thanks!....................Beezy

Sorry, you lost me.
See where Zuca has a lot of "hole" cutouts all through their carts? I was contemplating following suit on the diamond plate riser that I put on the front. Just a thought........

Attachments

• cart.jpg
    cart.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 151
  • Cart Front.jpg
    Cart Front.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 143

Latest posts