• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anybody else noticed "DG Body Disparity"

LOL...one handed pushups. I can barely do the "girl kind" with my knees on the ground. But ya'll have made some great suggestions, now implementing them is another story. I do like the left side much better, so, yea, I don't care so much for the bulk.

I think what this illustrates is that you're probably kinda weak in general. I am too, not taking a potshot, but I've gotten a lot stronger after lifting weights for half a year. I'd work on that weakness from a total perspective. Don't concentrate on your one punier arm. Do regular pushups or "girl" pushups (with both hands). If you go to the gym, do some overhead presses. You will pretty rapidly get to weights that make your muscles from golf throwing insignificant.

But in general, it ain't a problem to have one arm stronger or bigger than the other. Some guys I know work on their grip, and their primary grip hand is always going to be stronger than their off hand. They _could_ neglect training their primary hand in order to even things up, but to what end? That'd just be wasting opportunity to gain strength in their primary hand.

Muscle imbalances are dangerous when they work cooperatively on the same joint. Having a huge quad and a puny hamstring, for instance. That isn't the case here.

Edit-Or I could have just given BucketBonanza a +1.

Last edited:
I have noticed a slight enlargement of my right arm of late

mini_matthias-schlitte-champion-bras-de-fer-1255506830.jpg

I hereby coin the name of this disorder!!! I'm RHBH:

1. My right shoulder and upper arm has gotten so big when compared to my left that I almost need different sized shirts.

2. I'm a girl, so breast tissue is mostly fatty. Well, I'm working the right side of my chest so much that I now have much more muscle....which means well....the right side boob is much smalller.

3. And don't get me started on my Branchioradialus (Link here: http://www4.nau.edu/biology/bio201/images/arm1.gif) and Deltoids. I have one Popeye Arm and one wimpy nothing.

Anyone else noticing "DG Body Disparity"?

Hope all of us don't end up looking like fiddler crabs! (would of imbedded an image, but I can't search for images at work).

I hereby coin the name of this disorder!!! I'm RHBH:

1. My right shoulder and upper arm has gotten so big when compared to my left that I almost need different sized shirts.

2. I'm a girl, so breast tissue is mostly fatty. Well, I'm working the right side of my chest so much that I now have much more muscle....which means well....the right side boob is much smalller.

3. And don't get me started on my Branchioradialus (Link here: http://www4.nau.edu/biology/bio201/images/arm1.gif) and Deltoids. I have one Popeye Arm and one wimpy nothing.

Anyone else noticing "DG Body Disparity"?

Doing 4-5 hours of course work a week will even you right back out.

Or just carry a bag and collect aluminum for your local club in your left arm.

I have noticed a slight enlargement of my right arm of late

mini_matthias-schlitte-champion-bras-de-fer-1255506830.jpg
Guy is actually a fairly famous arm-wrestler. Because they do it by weight class - he can compete in lower weight classes with relative ease, he has a serious hormonal imbalance. Can't remember exactly what.

Guy is actually a fairly famous arm-wrestler. Because they do it by weight class - he can compete in lower weight classes with relative ease, he has a serious hormonal imbalance. Can't remember exactly what.

Yeah I've heard of large dudes who have lost a leg compete against people who are smaller do to the weight classes.

I haven't noticed any difference but I also work out at the gym more than I play disc.

Latest posts