• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anyone else sick of noob bashing!

Anybody that throws farther, straighter or more accurate than me is a DB!!!

Anybody that plays slower than me is a DB!

Anybody with a bigger bag than me is a DB!

Anybody that putts better than me is a DB!

Anybody that smokes, drinks, farts or eats on the course is a DB!

Anybody that litters is a DB!

Anybody that doesn't watch my shots in awe and admiration is a DB!

Anybody that takes more than 5 seconds to putt is a DB!

Anybody that plays in groups larger than 4 is a DB!

Anybody that throws under 400' with a driver over speed 8 is a DB!

Anybody that doesn't carry a speed 13 driver is a DB!

Anybody that does throw a putter on holes under 300' is a DB!

Anybody that doesn't have a huge bag is a DB!

Anybody that has an expensive huge bag is a DB!

Anybody that doesn't throw CE plastic is a DB!

Anybody that buys collector discs is a DB!

Anybody on DGR is a DB!

Does that about cover it, or did I miss something?

Look, it's very simple. Most n0obs come on here b/c A: this site is badass and B: They're most likely one of the very few in their area that has discovered DG.

I joined this site with my Star Teerex and all its noob hyzer glory. Garublador, ERicJ and others gave me a lollipop and told my n00b ass to stop throwing discs I can't throw and learn how to throw. I can't thank them enough for it. If that's n00b bashing, then I'll proudly wear that badge.

we all got our ripping when we were noobs. first time your disc went behind you, first time you tagged your friend, or my favorite at aquatic park in berkeley, my noob buddy, was twirling his driver on his finger, and it flew off into the lake while we were waiting to start hole 1. lol. great times. we still give em some smack. but give the noobs some tips at the same time

:thmbup:

And there are plenty of veterans that are bad if not worse...local disc rats. :thmbdown:

^This! I was supposed to play in a local bag tag league last night, but got out of work late. One of the local league guy's (off leash) dog drops a load on the fairway of 2. He was putting 3 and didn't see the offense, so we hollered that he had some poo to grab, and we walked on. I heard him make a crack about us saying "poo", and then he just went to the next hole. Meanwhile his dog was doing his post-crap "I'm excited" run around the basket for 1, which people were trying to hole-out on.

And he's supposed to be one of the good guys... I mean, he has a roly-cart. WTF?

Yep. I saw an example of this the other day. Two older guys that were obviously experienced seemed to be purposely holding up my group of three. And one of them threw a beer can in the middle of a fairway! Then he kicked it!!! :thmbdown: :mad:

Same round: We're walking the fairway picking up still cold Genesee Cream Ale bottles, and see the kids in front of us drinking.... Guess what, Genny Cream Ale. My buddy untied his trash bag, walked over and handed it to the kid, thanking him for carrying HIS bottles for the rest of the round.

They said nothing, and we saw no more Genny cans the rest of the day... And we stayed behind them to be sure!

i wouldnt say ive been bashed on here more times then not everyone thats given me advice has been pretty cool about it and not a DB at all

picture.php

Same round: We're walking the fairway picking up still cold Genesee Cream Ale bottles, and see the kids in front of us drinking.... Guess what, Genny Cream Ale. My buddy untied his trash bag, walked over and handed it to the kid, thanking him for carrying HIS bottles for the rest of the round.

They said nothing, and we saw no more Genny cans the rest of the day... And we stayed behind them to be sure!

I wish my situation went that well. My friend picked up the guys can and at the next tee he says "Its all good. I got it for you, your beer can". The guy claimed it wasn't his. :mad:

And nice DB list, Sloppy. I think that about covers everyone. :clap:;)

i have really enjoyed this thread!! haha i think the issue is that people that have been playing forever forget what it was like to be bran-spankin' new and feel uncomfortable throwing in front of big arms when you throw a 13 speed 175 feet..

God forbid you come to MY course and trow a golf disc before you know EVERYTHING about MY sport!

when i first started playing a bought a Groove way before i could throw it.. honestly i can't really even throw one now... but anyways i side-armed that thing over the water on hole 8 Beaver Course in CH, and it super hyzer-d right in the middle of that lake (i laughed so hard - until i realized i wasn't willing to swim to get it back) I felt a little dumb, but i was still learning.. you can't hate people for learning the game...

Anybody that smokes, drinks, farts or eats on the course is a DB!

...Does that about cover it, or did I miss something?

Maybe just to cover all the bases....

Anybody that doesn't smoke, drink, eat or fart on the course is a DB!

I certainly would rather take advice from someone who can make it happen than someone who obviously can't.

You can't always get what you want. There are things I am not athletically able to do that others can, so I will suggest they try it.

I'm sure the people that talk the most **** on here also have the lowest ratings as well.

This is surely penetrating analysis....

Last edited:
What about sharting? I had an ugly incident last year during a long round. This old Asian lady who wears one of those stereotypical Asian hats (we call her Mrs. Raden) witnessed me defile the woods during one of her walks...

I think they are called bucket hats, but don't quote me on that

EDIT: nevermind, I don't know what they are called