• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anyone ever not have anyone else to play with?

We are only 6 people in my town who play, and we only have a practice field, no course.

I practice alone alot.

Yea I kno how that is..I hardly ever have anyone with me unless my girlfriend wants to with me sometimes..

I've never played with anybody . . . . ever :-( All my friends act old (which they are if that think they are).

So I play normally in the mornings and meet up with others on the course at times but they are normally looking for their disc. I ALWAYS help look (I normally find them . . .fresh eyes).

I don't mind but I miss learning from others! It's tough when you are 30 years older then most players. For one thing they always think I must be good (since what old guy in his right mind would take up this sport late in life).

I wanted to chime in to say that I miss the days when I used to be able to get up early and throw by myself. I have the opposite issue. I only get to play once a week these days and although I love my discin buds, sometimes I wish they'd bail so I could enjoy the game alone. This may sound strange and I'm sure I'd wish I had folks to shoot with if I didn't have em. The grass is always greener I guess..

Last edited:
I wanted to chime in to say that I miss the days when I used to be able to get up early and throw by myself. I have the opposite issue. I only get to play once a week these days and although I love my discin buds, sometimes I wish they'd bail so I could enjoy the game alone. This may sound strange and I'm sure I'd wish I had folks to shoot with if I didn't have em. The grass is always greener I guess..

I think that makes sense. It's not an issue for me because I get a good bit of playing with others and by myself. Sometimes it's just nice to have the peace and solitude of disc golfing by yourself (for me at least).

We are only 6 people in my town who play, and we only have a practice field, no course.

I practice alone alot.

I moved to Azerbaijan 6 months ago. No course anywhere near me. I found an old gravel pit that at some point may have resembled a field. 2-3 times a week I make a point of getting out to throw some plastic so I don't completely forget how to throw. It is always me and ONLY me.

I am working on getting a course installed and spreading the enjoyment of this game to people who have never seen a disc / Frisbee. Things take time here. Trying to explain the sport is more difficult than I would have ever imagined. On the plus side though, I am close to Europe and get to play some courses when I travel that I would not have ever had the chance to do.

Being in the SOLO mindset, I have tried to focus on some aspects of the game that can help me in the long run. My driving form and putting practice.

Solo or not. When I get some plastic in the air and it starts to ride the wind, I get a great feeling out of it. It's still enjoyable. :)

I moved to Azerbaijan 6 months ago. No course anywhere near me. I found an old gravel pit that at some point may have resembled a field. 2-3 times a week I make a point of getting out to throw some plastic so I don't completely forget how to throw. It is always me and ONLY me.

I am working on getting a course installed and spreading the enjoyment of this game to people who have never seen a disc / Frisbee. Things take time here. Trying to explain the sport is more difficult than I would have ever imagined. On the plus side though, I am close to Europe and get to play some courses when I travel that I would not have ever had the chance to do.

Being in the SOLO mindset, I have tried to focus on some aspects of the game that can help me in the long run. My driving form and putting practice.

Solo or not. When I get some plastic in the air and it starts to ride the wind, I get a great feeling out of it. It's still enjoyable. :)

What takes you to Azerbaijan? Work?

I play alone now for the most part. I don't mind it.. Big groups slow you down.. Especially when you have a busy life.