• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anyone have a legit double eagle (albatross)?

Do you have a legit double eagle?

• Yes

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • No

Votes: 85 94.4%

• Total voters
I want a double eagle now, I just got my first 3 on an 820 foot hole the other day, I was so happy... :(

I have actually come closer to an albatross in ball golf. I haven't played many par 4's or 5's in DG to be able to have much of a chance to get one.

No, sorry. Windy days aren't considered fair.

Lulz....but guys talking 700+ feet but way downhill is? One of our courses here is a mountain course and 700 feet downhill is not very far at all depending on the elevation change. I have seen buzzes thrown 500+

I voted no but with loose standards I have two. The one I feel decent about was on the back 9 of Woodland Valley's Black Bear Course. I can't remember the exact hole but it's a 500 - 600 ft shot down a moderately wooded hill. My drive banged off a tree near the bottom and bounced right under the basket for a drop in 2. It was listed as a par 5 when I did it but has since been downgraded to a 4. The other -3 on a single hole was hole 16 at Boom Field. While uphill, it's only 380ft. and listed as a par 5 so it doesn't really count, but I hit a 50ft upshot for the 2 a while back. Gotta say, at the time I didn't think "shouldn't these be par 3?" when I was checking off the score!

if y'all want to count goofy-signpar-albatrosses, i've made lots of 3's on hole 18 at cliff stephens and witnessed 2's and the sign says "par 7".

Basically this thread is now on a crash course to a debate on what is par. Some courses are legit par 60+ and others aren't. The point of the thread was on these par 60+ courses where there are legit par 5+'s, have you gotten a double eagle? If you count everything as a par 3 then you're excluding yourself from this discussion.

Exactly.

It's interesting but none of the par 4s and 5s in my region enable an albatross. I just don't think it is really possible.
Perhaps a couple of the longer pin positions at Tinicum but overall I don't see anyone getting an albatross around here

Avery Jenkins did duece the 800+ final hole at Tinicum. That's a legendary eagle around here requiring a 600+ drive followed by a 200+ "putt" in worlds 2005 action.

There are 2 par 5s and 20 par 4s and I've never heard of any albatrosses ever.

It's interesting but none of the par 4s and 5s in my region enable an albatross. I just don't think it is really possible.
Perhaps a couple of the longer pin positions at Tinicum but overall I don't see anyone getting an albatross around here

Avery Jenkins did duece the 800+ final hole at Tinicum. That's a legendary eagle around here requiring a 600+ drive followed by a 200+ "putt" in worlds 2005 action.

There are 2 par 5s and 20 par 4s and I've never heard of any albatrosses ever.

Geoff Bennett deuced, fairway aced, double eagled, albatross or whatever the par 5 hole 7 long tee to green basket at Patapsco. He hit his 200' second shot after a nice FH roller off the tee. Only deuce I've heard of on that hole.

saw a guy get a 2 on a par 5 from about 200 or so out but the hole is a little suspect for a 5. more like a legitimate par 4.

I have 2 eagles. I thought I had 3, but the dumbass pars at East Roswell call a long hole with 2 doglegs a 3, and a short hole with one turn a 4. Most of the very few par 5s around here are not laid out to facilitate a double eagle, and I don't have the arm for it anyway.

I remember seeing on Flyboy's Facebook page that Phil Arthur/Eric McCabe got an Albatross on hole 27. Granted, it was doubles. But still, a very cool 2!